Reviews for "Crossroads:2D"

It could certainly use colour

Well, this was a simple little game that really hit home with the fact that you can get to four rather simple endings all pretty quickly. A shame that the game which showed so much promise didn't really come to fruition, leaving us with four very linear plots to pursue for the medals. I got them all within about 10-15 minutes, so I'd say that it was too easy for a collect and deal with game. Granted, I can see that each of these endings for the tale are based upon different choices, but you still have to go one way or another to get to the end.

If you'd have put a medal in there for collecting blackberries and then dotted them around the map, making that larger as well, perhaps you'd have been able to convince the baker to bake a blackberry pie, which could be the medal. Little things make games more engrossing and rewarding.

With the interface, a big issue was the WASD was set as a control to allow you to walk, as were the cursor keys, though when you get to a menu, you can only navigate them with cursors. Please sort this out, so that WASD will work there as well.

I'd love to see some colour in these proceedings, as while it looks good without colour, I feel it would look better with some. Also, the music does get a little annoying, so I just put my own on. Perhaps search the Audio Portal for a more suitable two or three ambient tunes that you could use?

[Review Request Club]

kcnh responds:

Thank you very much for your review! I will take in consideration the suggestions that you have made. However, I do not agree with that you said the music was annoying, because I think it is very neutral background music. But, it is a good idea, as you suggested, to add multiple songs so it is perhaps less repetitive.

I AM KING!!!!

Also i walked in the tall grass expecting wild pokemon..... /facepalm...

well the game is relatively short and easy, i wished the character was faster, and the bridge troll was awsome xD

nice idea :D

but slooooooooooooow D:

and i also walked in tall gras excepting something

Well, that was interesting.

I've always liked adventure games and this one is a brief, but well put together one. I liked all of the different endings as they present some kind of choice instead of the old renegade/paragon thing that most other games try to do. If I had to complain about anything, I'd say that it's way too short and pretty easy to figure out. Maybe make the next one a bit bigger?

Ummm...

Kind of WEIRD. Seems like a mash up of former games - Dragon Quest, Blue/ Red Pokemon, and Zelda. Interesting though.