Reviews for "Crossroads:2D"

Interesting, but could use some tweaks.

As a whole, this screams "engine test" to me. The game was fun as a small time-killer, but it wasn't an entirely satisfying experience. From the very beginning, the game's pacing was too slow. I would have liked to not do the chore for the man, and just have to kill a rat or find a coin to get a weapon. It's just more engaging.

From a graphical standpoint, the game was done very well. I was reminded of the original Pokemon games, so you won a ton of points with me for that. The monochromatic style was nice, refreshing even, but some of the designs were too plain. Maybe a couple more kinds of trees?

Overall, the game was decent, but it could have been a lot more fun. The combat system needs to be fleshed out a little more, for a real classic RPG experience.

Review Request Club

kcnh responds:

Thank you for your review!

Short, simple and very enjoyable

Very short, yet a very nice game. The graphics reminded me a bit of Mystic Quest (released under the name "Final Fantasy Adventure" in the US and "Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden" in Japan) for the GameBoy.

The controls are nice and simple, I couldn't find any bugs or glitches here.

The music is chosen nicely, but it gets pretty repetitive after a while. Well, you gave the option to mute the sound, so I could always turn the music off and listen to my own.

The added medals are a nice touch, but the game is worth to play it even without the medals.

{ Review Request Club }

kcnh responds:

Thank you for your review.

good

i like but i have repeat the walk part and walk too slow

Medals

Count Ending- Kill the Countess
Old Man Ending-Kill The Oldman
Knight ending-Kill Guard Using Spell And Talk To the countess

Seems alright

The background reminds me slightly of Pokemon but mostly the retro Zelda games for the Pocket Game Boy system. What was the name of the song playing on the overworld anyways? It sounded very retro but giving credit to where the music came from is always nice as well.

The playing was quite simplistic and very RPG like in play as well except when I tried to attack some of the people at the start of the game I needed a weapon or spell so I went and hunted for them like I would in most RPG's since you pretty are worthless and weak until you get some spells and equipment am I right?

The inability to run from battles is a pain though since in case you never noticed, most RPGs let you flee if the enemy is too strong but most of the enemies in the game were mediocre and why wasn't the axe considered a weapon? Was it just for cutting tree stumps only?

Overall, retro black and white pixelated graphics were real nice but the only thing I would add is a run ability to the battles. Aside from that the game was pretty fun anyways.

Review Request Club

kcnh responds:

The music, as stated in the menu screen, was made by Kevin Macleod. The song is called 'Klockworx'. May I remind you of the fact that this game is an adventure game, not an RPG, hence the fact that it requires more thinking skills and item trading rather than collecting equipment and spells. Thank you very much for your review.