Reviews for "TBWNFE - trailer"

Trailers... Front and Back Covers for Web Comics

Nice to know it's still in progress, but maybe all that talk about it being the biggest thing in web comics (as suggested by the quotes by critics) is a little premature. We need to read the whole thing before drawing conclusions.

I'm no fan of trailers. There used to be a section on NG that dealt exclusively with them (the Alphas section, long since extinct). The trick with trailers is that they can easily extinguish any mystery, and you get the story well before you see the film. This one retains its visual splendor, but people can grasp that it's a surreal fantasy adventure with an survivor as a protagonist against a massive upheaval.

Since the comic evokes a certain grandeur, a trailer might be necessary. However, the front covers of both "V for Vendetta" and "Watchmen" are simple. They attract through the ironic supposition that they have something interesting to hide. Consider the trailer as a front and back cover for that might spur interest in a reader.

Even so, this is an interesting project and I wish to see it to its end. "The Boy with Nails for Eyes" is a mouthful that intends to leave our mouths gaping, that much is certain.

shngrdnr responds:

Hey Neophyte

Thanks for the review - clearly you put a lot of thought into it, so I appreciate it.

I know what you mean about the quotes. I tend to prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to self-promotion - and I definitely hear you on the 'keep it simple stupid' front (as it were). On the other hand, I'm proud of the responses the comic has generated so fair, and I think it'd be foolish not to make use of the quotes that are available. V for Vendetta and Watchmen, of course, had the benefit of an industry giant to promote themselves, which somewhat reduces the risk of a mysterious approach - for The Boy, there's just li'l ole me...

Anyway, thanks again - glad to hear you're on board for the long haul.

Merry Christmas by the by - cheers