Reviews for "[RESPAWN]"

This game was great, and I loved it...until level 19. That level was in very poor taste. It took away the very thing that made this game interesting, the ability use your own deaths to your advantage. So unless you wanted to make something to remind of the World's Hardest Game, or Unfair Platformer, that level was a very bad idea. If not for that, I would have given this game a 5/5 without a moment's hesitation.

JonBro responds:

Yeah, I agree completely. I wish I'd realized how much of a design flaw Level 19 was when I'd made this.

This game is quite fun to play with the respawning mechanics being used for a variety of puzzles, but the lack of any unique moments in this game(bar the last level) and the sudden jump in difficulty in level 19 was going to make me give this game a three, until I got to the end. By god, it was genius. I wasn't expecting much since this looked to be a simple game, but this game actually was leading up to an aesop, and a really important one at that. Good job surprising us, and making us feel satisfied for beating level 19.

Having a level just to piss people off in frustration.... there's a difference between challenging and quietly saying "F*(# you" to everyone. AKA Level 19. I pretty much quit after..... about 20 minutes on that one level. A pretty good game overall! I enjoyed all the puzzle thinking. And then... level 19. Where puzzle solving and brain thinking means jack squat.

Hot dog.

JonBro responds:

Corn dog.

I like this game, I honestly do... but I find it a bit to much frustrating, It honestly can get to the point of a rage quit. but looking past some annoying parts, the game is inventive and uses a concept no one used before. RESPAWN, a very simple game concept of resurrection makes this game simply one of the most creative on NG. It might be abit annoying, but easy steps. Can't wait for the s- oops, spoilers. lol