Reviews for "DJManiax"

I'm a sucker for rhythm based games, and this one was no exception.
I loved the simplicity, and its controller style (keyboard-wise, since I'm sure as hell not going to try this with a mousepad)
In my opinion, the game was good, BUT the songs were fairly easy... for the exception of those freaking invisi-notes... but aside from those, you could add to the keyboard challenge by making a hold note while smashing those small notes around it (similar to O2Mania, seeing as how you're getting your inspiration from korean games :3 )
Sadly, my idea will make the mouse controls impossible, but hey, who says it's impossible to make two separate lines for eachs song? :D
I know I'm asking for much, but as I had mentioned before, I love rhythm games, and I see a great potential on this one, and to be honest, I can't wait for a sequel (even though I know with what I'm asking it's probably not for another year until it is completed, and that's assuming you liked the idea or more people support it as for it to follow through) . . .

EITHER WAY

Great game, good song choices. Loved 7 circles (also 8 circles) and Isabel.

5/5; 10/10

I am good at dis game, but i must give you a warning you must rember. when i ace the 2 bosses on crazy, i unlocked the final boss. but before i played it, i felt somerhing that made me nervious telling me that its disturbing. So don't play it or you suffer the curse of the final song. it is werid, has a BMP of 601, and its called dash hpoe 3.

Heeheehee :)

I LIKE IT ITS MORE LIKE THE GAME CALLED DJ MAX

Original!?...

this is DJMAX Technika......

It hasn't been done in *flash* before :D :D :D
I already said in the author comments - it's based on the Korean game DJ Max Technika!

Hello, this is DJ BNG.

I can easily perceive that a lot of effort went into this game. Every song has its own background, the synchronization was practically perfect (exceptions: Anticipate (Crazy), was synced slightly late sometimes; Dash Hopes 3, was synced slightly early at the fastest parts), and sometimes they surprise us by suddenly changing the bar's position, still following the tempo (Monotune -respect-; Epileptic Crisis), and they are great things, that make this game even more interesting.
Everything organized in well-designed menus, with a futuristic scheme.
The choice of songs was pretty good, but not the best possible. Some songs don't fit in this "futuristic" game (Love the World and You are a joke would have fit in other games where you play like using a guitar (like Frets on Fire)). It would have been good, I think, if you added some slower-paced songs too.
The difficulty is perfectly well measured, and so are the medals (I think it would have been nicer if you added more, but nevermind).

Suggestion: In DSAH HAPOS X's speed, instead of writing "???!" you could have written "2,147,483,647", if you know what I mean with that number. Also, in its difficulty, you could have started to write "9999999..." until they are covered by the "Harder" button... Just to scare them a bit more. ;)

The only flaws this game has are in some songs' synchronizations. I played every single song in every difficulty, and found out that some notes were hard to hit properly.
So I'd like to leave a list of the little flaws some songs have, and how to beat those parts (FOR ANYONE WHO READS THIS).

Before I begin, I'd like to clarify:

- While playing in the top row:
If you can't catch a note that is just above the right red line (from the bottom row), try to catch it just a bit earlier. Examples: Anticipate's 48th note (Easy); Monotune -respect-'s 31st note (Easy).
- While playing in the bottom row:
If you can't catch a note that is just below the left red line (from the top row), try to catch it just a bit earlier.
If you can't catch a note that is over the right red line, try to catch it just a bit earlier. Example: Dash Hopes 3's very last note.

Ok, let's begin:

-> Minor flaws:

- "Isabel", Standard:
The notes 17th and 18th have their priorities inverted. The same happens after the main part of the song, the same way.
Solution: Catch the 17th note a bit earlier. You can still get a "Fantastic" from it. After you do, you can continue playing normally.

- "0x1311", Standard:
The notes: from 56th to 63th (8 pink notes), have their priorities inverted.
Solution: Try to catch every single note a bit earlier. You can still get "Fantastics" from them.
The notes: from 101st to 103rd (three red notes), have their priorities inverted.
Solution: Read above.

- "Seven Circles", Standard:
The notes: 263th and 264th (near the end of the song), have their priorities inverted.
Solution: Catch the 263th note a bit earlier. You can still get a "Fantastic" from it. After you do, you can continue playing normally.
Also, can anyone tell me why, when you score 100%, it actually shows 100.37%? o_O

- "Epileptic Crisis", Easy:
The notes: 82nd and 83rd (orange multi-tap notes), have their priorities inverted.
Solution: Try to catch the 82nd note a bit earlier. You can still get a "Fantastic" from it. After you do, you can continue playing normally.

-> Major flaws:

- "0x1311", Standard:
The notes: from 110th to 115th can't be caught properly.
Solution: Play it on Mouse/Tablet style. (I say that because I couldn't find any way to make it 100% with the keyboard. If someone could, please tell us how).

- "Epileptic Crisis", Standard:
The notes: from 130th to 146th (17 red multi-tap notes) can't be caught properly.
Solution: I actually couldn't find any way to make it 100%, using either the keyboard or the mouse. If someone could, please tell us how. (in the highscore table we can clearly see two people who could score 100%...)

Questions?

PM me. ;)

0 chars

TaroNuke responds:

Much of the standard charts were kind of rushed as you can see :(
Thanks for the in depth review! The way the sequel works, none of the notes have their priorities inverted. The sync is also a ton better.