Reviews for "First Time Rule Breaker"

This..............this......................makes my entry into the contest have no possible chance whatsoever. ;A;

Seriously though, I'm glad that you were able to get this done before the contest was over. Overall, you definitely portrayed each of the characters in a way that makes them memorable. They don't sound flat, monotone, or inappropriate for the occasion. In fact, the range is well-displayed as well and none of the characters sound the same in terms of mannerisms or voice.

Which leads me to the writing. The writing is exceptionally written and doesn't go overboard with the situation. It's simple, sticks to the theme of the contest with ease, and it exhibits each character with memorable personalities.

Lastly, the mixing feels very authentic, which can be due to some of the sound effects being your own. They're applied thoroughly and don't overpower the voices. I could detect hardly any static in your recordings, so that's a big plus. Also, I'm kinda glad that you didn't put any music into this. It could have offset the ambiance and atmosphere of the school setting.

Overall, I think you really have a good chance of being a top contender for this contest. I wish you the best of luck while I go cry in the corner eating my organic graham crackers and butter.

Piper responds:

Thank you for such an awesome review. It really means a lot to me that you would take the time to write one with so much detail.

As for you thinking I may have a chance at being a contender that's a mighty cool thing of you to say. I know this is going to sound totally inauthentic but I really don't mind where I get placed, if at all. I'm just really excited to be a part of something and getting to interact with other voice actors. I know people say this sometimes without meaning it, heck even I've said it without meaning it, but I genuinely feel so happy to be a part of this contest and don't care if I win anything. It's exciting. Bah, I'm rambling.

I haven't checked out your entry yet, but I'd love to take a listen. Thanks again for such a lovely and detailed review I hope I can repay you.

This is adorable :D I'm glad to see you managed to get a submission in before the deadline.

The mixing is great, with a nice balance between silence and appropriate music. The sound effects are very well placed, too. The writing is charming and the characters are memorable. Your voice is soooo cute! XD and the delivery is great as well.

Best of luck in the contest! I think you have a great chance.

Piper responds:

Thank you! I had gone through about a dozen scripts but they all kept running too long or other things, once I got this story down I kept recording, then rerecording. I finally decided I would just keep working on it until the final day.

I've always been a fan of your voice work so your opinion carries a lot. Thank you for such a lovely review!

Piper this is brilliant! Loved the characters, the diverse voices and the little joke at the end. Very well done!

Piper responds:

Oh my gosh. I am so excited that you liked it. Thank you. Thank you very much.

gawd...this coulda come straight from Clannad

If I ever make a slice of life anime....in maybe a couple months I'm definately gonna use you!

Piper responds:

Heheh. Thank you! I've actually never seen Clannad. But from what you say, it's slice of life, right? I'm really glad you liked this and, of course, you can always ask me for help with your animations, Kelz. :)