Reviews for "Chroma Keys"

its boring

its fine but too simple...

Ehh

It was an okay game...until it started lagging. Kind of hard to keep on top of a lagging game that depends on reaction time.

my color blind ass...

i gave it a 5/10 becuz the game itself looks like it would be fun and i liked the music. but since i'm color blind i was just annoyed the whole time since it was impossible for me to play.........

Differentiate the green and yellow

As another colorblind reviewer, I have to agree that the green and yellow are so similar as to be indistinguishable. Also, the comment "please do not drive" is extremely offensive, as well as dreadfully ill-informed.

While I don't expect all games to be playable, given my color-vision deficiencies, this is easily one of the worst cases I've seen. A lot of games rectify this by adding some element of symbology as well, whether it be an icon, a texture, or a direction (in the case of less linear games).

I highly encourage you make at least some small effort to promote accessibility. Minor red/green deficiencies are extremely common amongst males.

Oh, and before you make any more comments in regards to colorblind persons, you may with to know that I am a US Army soldier and that the way I, and some of my comrades, see color is also what allows us to spot synthetic camouflage far more easily than our normal-visioned friends. This makes us invaluable members of our units in the field. We're also all fully licensed drivers. So, not much of a disability there. ... except when it comes to your game.

Willseph responds:

Thank you for your comment. I'm not colorblind, nor do I know anyone who is, so this is not an area of disability (albeit very minor) I am familiar with. I didn't mean any offense by the driving comment, but I would like to make a point.

I'm not an artist at all, so I really did do my best to make the colors as distinguishable as possible. But like I said before, I'm not colorblind and neither are any of my friends (beta testers), so I never really took that into account.

Obviously colorblindness is something a very large amount of people have and I acknowledge that, but some games are just not targeted to certain groups based on their design, especially if its a matter of inability that conflicts with the design. Like you said regarding spotting camouflage, one man's disability is another man's superability. Perhaps Chroma Keys misses the colorblind market, I understand that and it's just a matter of conflict between the game's design and the people that play it.

I will take your criticism though and will be sure to fix these design flaws in future games.

Boring

The music was alright, the gameplay was good for what it was, but the idea itself was stale. I also didn't like how I had to associate the colors with arrow keys. If the purpose of the game was to simply be a re-action game you should have just used arrows instead of colors. I think you only used colors to try and make it feel different than a DDR Clone.

Willseph responds: