Reviews for "Chroma Keys"

Nice Concept, Almost Nicely Carried Out

Nice concept indeed. I liked the retro feel to it, first of all. The sounds fit the "retroness" of it. The title page was good and simple. The game itself could use some work.

First of all, it would be better if the color changes were more in sync with the music. Also, rather than the arrow keys, with a game like this, it's better to use something in a line. Look at your keyboard. What about an asdf? Or even better.. dfjk? It just feels better, and there is no lag when switching. Speaking of lag...

When I switch from one color to another, I lose a little health in the process. There should be a half second amnesty from health loss to allow me time to switch from one color to another.

I wish there were more sounds, with each key press as well as throughout the game. Maybe a guy who goes "Nice!" or "Great job!" like in music themed games? How about lights and more color?

To keep someone playing a game, try adding checkpoints, more songs, or a boss at the end. Anything to keep the player... playing.

Anyway, that's my constructive criticism. I hope you use some of it. Overall, nice game, don't stop creating. (There was this one guy on Newgrounds who took criticism negatively and wrote a long, pathetic retirement letter and left Flash for good. Don't end up like him.)

Willseph responds:

Well I never specifically said it but I would like to point out that this is not a rhythm game. It's all just reaction time with some background music. I mentioned to someone before that there's a certain skill in being able to switch as quickly as possible without losing any health, so think of it more as another challenge rather than a glitch.

Keep your chin up

You've done a great job here with this game, well executed, well designed and at least trying to do something new. Fair play to you/

While this game wasn't a bad game, it isn't really catching the players the right way. Keep making games man, i see some good projects coming from you in the future .

Terrible

Sorry but this is honestly one of the worst games i've played on this site, do away with the colors and go with arrows only it becomes a game of how well you can remember what color goes with what arrow.

Boring

The music was alright, the gameplay was good for what it was, but the idea itself was stale. I also didn't like how I had to associate the colors with arrow keys. If the purpose of the game was to simply be a re-action game you should have just used arrows instead of colors. I think you only used colors to try and make it feel different than a DDR Clone.

Willseph responds:

Pretty much.

Ehh

It was an okay game...until it started lagging. Kind of hard to keep on top of a lagging game that depends on reaction time.