Reviews for "Solar Strike"

Looked great and was very enjoyable.

I thought this was a very fun shooter,i loved the graphics with it's 3D style while moving so smooth and not much lag,the controls were solid and the aim was better than people say it is (at least i didn't have a problem with it you just had to adjust) and the difficulty was balanced well also i thought the boss battle was creative on how you had to defeat him and all his attacks,overall this was a swell game and i enjoyed it very much. :)

I am so bad at this game >:(

What a great little game, though I was more than just a little confused about how the targeting system worked - one second you've got to aim the crosshair below the target and then in the next moment, you've got to point the crosshair directly at the target to get a hit.

I was quite surprised at how much these things swarm you so early on in the game. Again, I'll put this down to me being such a bad shot, but I would have thought that with the reload time being so long, you might want to consider making it shorter for people that enjoy "spam firing", since that does give a few more options for keeping the players that are genuinely interested in the game a little more chance of seeing the massive crab boss. Mines, rockets, asteroids and enemy ships bouncing off the armour really didn't help and as a result, I was quickly dispatched.

Overall, I'd say that this is a very good game. I just don't have the required skills to carry it off.

Still, with a few minor tweaks to the mechanism, such as automated, or assisted targeting for easier levels should make this a game that everyone can enjoy :)

[Review Request Club]

SantoNinoDeCebu responds:

Ye, since the game is all single point perspective things coming towards you aren't moving in a straight line.
I want to make a new one since I feel there's a lot of potential to be a good game, but working out a nice control system is one big headache.

I don't get it lol

I don't get how to beat the boss. I know I'm missing something and because it's my ignorance that won't count against your score at all. It's my own fault that I can't beat it.

~ Animation/Graphics ~

I like the graphics here, but really didn't like the way that things moved and how stationary everything was. It never gave off the illusion that things were actually moving. I don't know exactly how to explain what I mean or how to make it better, but it's my view on the visuals.

~ Story/Content ~

It's a basic game with really no story. I kind of like when the shooter games like this implement a story, but it's not really necessary. The directions were good and the gameplay was self explanatory, but I had no clue what to do with the boss. I see that you say you can fly in front of him, but I couldn't hurt him no matter what I did.

The aiming was a bit weird to get use to, but it wasn't impossible by any means. I actually found the game to be pretty easy up to the boss where I just ended up quitting.

~ Audio ~

The sound effects were pretty good and if you ever decided to implement a story/plot then it would be cool to have some voice actors. Hit me up if that ever is the case.

~ Overall ~

A decent game all around, but it doesn't have much that would make me want to return. Unless you let me know how to beat the boss and then I might attempt it again in the future. :P

~ Review Request Club ~

SantoNinoDeCebu responds:

Haha ye, there's not to much indication what to do on the boss, but if you can't damage him with your own weapons. Damage him with his ;)
The boss only gets better after that first phase! ;)

If I decide to make another game like this I'll try pull all stops to create the illusion of things moving towards you, but ye its a hard one to pick up on what needs changing to make it feel better!
I didn't add a plot to this since it was just a sort of test level to see if a game like this would be well recieved and can work..obv some work still needs done! I'd definitly plan to starfox up the game if i make another one. With the corny dialogue during the levels and barrel rolls!

I liked it!!

The game is very cool, I liked the retro design and concept, it remembers me those games I played in the old arcade machines... It's not a bad game, but it's not totally great too...

I think it's a pretty hard game, I like challenging and fun games like this one, even when it has medals, it's another reason to play it for much more time, but I think the gameplay wasn't too good, it kinda messed the game when I was playing it sometimes. The cursor is very hard to control and it's very hard to aim at your enemies sometimes, specially when they're passing in the upper bottom of the screen.

The song is very good, the gameplay isn't bad, the graphics are fine, everything seems working fine, I just think there's something else missing and the gameplay could've been better, I think there's still room for improvement, but you made a very good game here, guys. You are very talented, keep it up!!

-Member of the Review Request Club-

RogerBK

SantoNinoDeCebu responds:

There's a sensitivity bar in the options to adjust the speed or the cursor movement, maybe that would help controlling the cursor. Other then that, its just the fundamental isues that I will be working on soon.
Cheers

i don't know

i found this game kinda pointless. it's just like an old arcade game.......