Reviews for "Puzzling War"

Good but needs balancing

It's a very good concept, but it has some balance issues. It's near impossible to regain momentum for either side if you have a reset or two close together, anything you get out is just instantly splattered by a swarm.

The single use items are actually more of a hindrance than a boon a majority of the time. I'm actually happy to see when my opponent has a few of them, it's usually an easy win.

The last issue is a bit personal. My color vision sucks, and units like the berzerker and warrior piled together tend to turn into a blur, so a greater difference in appearance, or even color specific tiles behind would help a lot.

Needs brighter colors!

The sound was really annoying, and the characters were way too hard to tell apart. I understand the allure of using 8-bit sprites, but at least make them brightly colored. As it is, they're all different washed out shades of gray and brown, which makes it hard to pick out groups of similar characters while you're in a hurry.

Has 1 major flaw

Progression. I feel I suddenly cant progress and I have to grind a few previous battles to even get a minor upgrade. I get to the half way point and suddenly I go up against a team that has rank 1 with a few 2s or Rank 2s with a few 1s + weapon/shield/pots, etc

Now half way through, I fight all Rank 3 units with all the other bonuses? Bad progression basically said it all for me to quit half way. Other than that, it is a good game overall.

arg

its fun for a while but you build up money too slowly

and the medals are ridiculous, 10combo just seems like luck and impossible to get and even with all units maxed out and beating the first level in 17seconds i still lose 1 unit,

needs better upgrades as you go

ugh

It was easy enough without upgrades, now I'm totally overpowering the opponent and I can't have them last long enough to use 20 swords, statues, shields or potions on them *sigh*