Reviews for "Puzzling War"

not bad...

but theres room for improvement. a storyline would be nice. more upgrades...oh and the guy below is right on a few things. there is strategy but not that much. this is more of a reflex and luck game. its good though!

Not bad, but certain limitations

I think that keeping the game map so small, you did lose out on the chance to make the game much more complex. After all, we're dealing with sprites here, which look so much better as you make them smaller. Why not have later levels with up to a 10x10 grid, instead of the 6x6, as that gives the players so many more options.

With the powerups, perhaps you could buy upgrades that improve them and on the bigger grid games, you stand more likelihood of being able to do all of the powered abilities. The four powerups that you have are great and well planned, but when the opponent gets the ability to nuke your troops, it can make the levels very hard to play, especially if they get the jump on you and your first few seconds are spent looking furiously for the first few matches to get the ball rolling.

Quite addictive and well designed, but still with room for more, I'm impressed, but I would like to see more things added to this game. A plot to keep the more-than-casual gamer occupied would also be a very nice thing. Perhaps some sort of script? Finally, I'd suggest something that allows you to turn the music off, as when you've played 20+ levels of this game, that does get very repetitive.

[Review Request Club]

I agree...

The money thing has got to be fixed. Other than that, this seems to be a solid game that is fun to play. I can't really tell for sure since I can't get past some of the more difficult levels without having the money to upgrade my troops. Plus, the bonus items seem a little off-putting. It seems easier to make matches without them than with them (even with one).

.....But....

Sorry, its graphics are really low, the game is already popular, i mean the TYPe of game which is like bejeweled game, but good work though

Pretty good

I agree with bleedingwings' review. The issue of not being able to actually see the units attacking might just be an intrinsic issue of the game though. I can't really think of an easy fix other than the idea of a 'deploy phase', but I'm not even sure exactly how that'd work out.

An issue I found here was that this game is WAY too easy. I managed to beat all but the last 4 levels (where I stopped to write this) by upgrading my mage once and my berserker twice, never buying any of the swords or shields. Not only did this let me win games, in let me do it constantly with perfect health. Maybe I stumbled on the perfect strategy on my first go, but I feel like games are much more enjoyable when I find an ideal strategy through trial and error instead of powering through like a maniac (berserker?).

Adding more elements to the game might contribute towards improving it. Maybe introducing weaknesses and strengths for each character? That way investing in non-unit upgrades can benefit in sticky situations. On top of this, cases where you have more tiles wouldn't involve mindlessly selecting triple-combos to get throw more soldiers out there, but instead, you'd consider which moves are best and work towards them.

Overall: entertaining game, but there's room for improvement.