Reviews for "Puzzling War"

Addicting

Even though the game wasn´t perfect, it was very hard to stop playing. I had some trouble seeing the difference between the characters when matching them, especially when they´re not upgraded. I had absolutely no use of the stuff you could by, so my tip is to put all money in upgrading the characters.
I never had time to see the animations, but my 4-year old boy enjoyed it and gave me time to play.

Quite enjoyable, but there's room for improvement.

The game is easy to understand and play, fairly addictive once you get the momentum going. In my opinion, this game is actually very easy to play if you are used to playing such match-3 puzzle games, but it can be quite challenging to those who are not as such and it can be hard for them to beat the later stages. Also, the game is too short for most of the level three upgrades to be worthwhile, so i suggest either making more levels or lowering the unit upgrade prices. What I suggest to add in to this game if you're planning on a sequel would be to:

- optional difficulty settings at the start
- improving on the graphics of the soldiers
- modifying the tile replacement speed (It's more significantly slower to clear a vertical line than a horizontal line)
- perhaps adding a casual mode where the player can play on infinitely until he is overwhelmed by the enemy

But overall, I gave this game an 8 because it's fun to play. Great Job and I hope my review has been constructive. :D

not bad...

but theres room for improvement. a storyline would be nice. more upgrades...oh and the guy below is right on a few things. there is strategy but not that much. this is more of a reflex and luck game. its good though!

Not Bad But...

This game reminds me a lot of Puzzle Quest, but with 8-bit graphic characters. This game is VERY addictive, but it has some minor flaws:

1. Having the characters only have 3 levels when upgrading.

2. There seems to be a bug still in the game. If you make a match at the last second of a game, it will automatically dispatch that character on the next stage.

3. Randomizing the board after each game would be extremely helpful, as I got frustrated when the CPU would get combos a second into the next round.

Not bad, but certain limitations

I think that keeping the game map so small, you did lose out on the chance to make the game much more complex. After all, we're dealing with sprites here, which look so much better as you make them smaller. Why not have later levels with up to a 10x10 grid, instead of the 6x6, as that gives the players so many more options.

With the powerups, perhaps you could buy upgrades that improve them and on the bigger grid games, you stand more likelihood of being able to do all of the powered abilities. The four powerups that you have are great and well planned, but when the opponent gets the ability to nuke your troops, it can make the levels very hard to play, especially if they get the jump on you and your first few seconds are spent looking furiously for the first few matches to get the ball rolling.

Quite addictive and well designed, but still with room for more, I'm impressed, but I would like to see more things added to this game. A plot to keep the more-than-casual gamer occupied would also be a very nice thing. Perhaps some sort of script? Finally, I'd suggest something that allows you to turn the music off, as when you've played 20+ levels of this game, that does get very repetitive.

[Review Request Club]