Reviews for "Puzzling War"

Good game, with bug

Good concept.
It was frustrating however, that when I upgraded my units, they were only upgraded for the following battle, then they were the the basic units again after that. Made the game extremely difficult.

nice

I liked it=)
I beated the game and it's simple what you need to do but, except for the life potion, the upgrades only got in the way.

specially that dawn shield¬¬

A travesty.

You could have had a decent game here, but you screwed up quite a bit when balancing it - always have a decent pool of playtesters to help you balance out the game.

Error #1: Power-ups. Powerups only make the game harder if you have them, and easier if the enemy has them. No power-up is more efficient than simply sending wave after wave of units at the enemy, which is easiest if you don't have power-ups cluttering your board. Also makes it easier for you to run out of moves, too.

Error #2: The number of units you chain together is irrelevant except to score. The strength of the unit you send out should be dependant on the chain you got with that unit. 3 Warriors? A level 1 Warrior appears. 4 Warriors? A level 2 Warrior appears. 5+ Warriors? A level 3 Warrior Appears.

Error #3: This is really trivial, but you honestly need an 'Survival' mode. A mode where the enemy's HP can't be lowered, but yours can to see how long you can last and potentially grind up a decent pool of gold.

If you create a sequel, I hope you put more time into balancing it for an actually challenging game.

good idea, but flawed execution.

I'll grant that the idea of combining bejeweled with a tug-of-war strategy is interesting, but the execution is bad. I have to repeatedly buy tiles the computer gets every battle for free? haha, NO. that's a bloody stupid idea. I can't really tell the difference before and after I upgrade my units as far as the gameplay goes, and this game feels entirely luck based. I could be having just as much fun playing roulette. also, your music sucks, the sprites are ugly and stupid-looking, and your english needs work. I just don't think this game is very well done at all

Balancing problems.

The power-ups in the shop seem worthless. It's always easier without them.