Reviews for "Aztec God Game"

Cool! =D

love this game its addicting and a lot of fun to play. Cool graphics really fit the game with a reminder to Populus. ;)

You´re guilty!

You´re guilty of stealing so many hours from my life!
Thank you!

classic

i do agree that while you did a great job, a few extra improvements might not hurt.

overall, this seems like you put a great deal of time and effort. the game play is smooth, but i must admit that it gets a bit repetitive after a while.

luckily, im a guy who doesnt like to put a game down til he finishes it. it came to a point where i just tested myself to see how fast i can win rounds (my record slightly over 3 minutes, but i know for sure i can beat this).

my comments to those who think many spells/tools are useless:
- thunder: excellent for tearing up buildings and their inhabitants
- swamp: awesome when many villagers are running around trying to expand
- desert: i dont use this much. pain in the ass when trying to fix land later.
- hero: is really great, especially if match is tied or youre losing a bit. the damage he does is huge and he can greatly balance a fight.
- armageddon: simply put - the minute you have more buildings and population than your enemy, use this and you win.

my game play tips:
- build along edges at first, then as mana increases cut across one edge of screen to other to really expand fast;
- forget drowning enemies... use your mana to build huge mountains in middle of enemy land to force all their buildings to be tiny;
- sacrifice is one of the best tools in game when your mana max is high enough;
- dont be scared to let your villagers get gangsta and do battle

win tactics:
- once your mana maximum is over 1000, sacrifice to build mana to about 900, then switch back to regular growth. the minute your population is more than enemy, use armageddon and win (fastest win possible).
- once your mana maximum is over 800, sacrifice to build up and then switch to create leader. once your leader is at least 7k, switch back to growth and do create hero spell. he'll wreck shit while you continue to grow. rinse and repeat to soften enemy.
- build your land up one level... as you gain a lot of mana, build a decent sized section up a 2nd level, then use flood... use rest of mana to take down leftover enemies or build bridge for your guys to rush them.

Very addictive

At first, the game didn't looked like much. Played it a few minutes, got bored and left. For some reason I tried again and really got into it. There is a lot more to do that you might originally think. Overall great game if you have the time to spare.

But, I do have a question. There are this "achievement" things if you complete certain tasks, and they say that they grant you bonuses. However, these don't seem to be working well with the current version of the game. They don't grant me any of the bonuses they claim. I can see them if I click achievements, but they don't affect the gameplay. Are they permanent, or do they only apply at the mission you are playing?

FightClub69 responds:

Glad you came back and had fun!
The achievements are goals and are offered one per level, so level 1 only has the 'thunder god' achievement available. If you cast thunder-bolt 10 times (click the flying thing in the top-right corner to see the requirements) it will glow yellow, meaning you have won that achievement.
In very early versions of the game there were bugs with some achievements, these have all (fingers X'd) been fixed now. Thunder God gives you 5% cheaper thunder bolts, you should see this change in the spell tooltips for all levels after it is awarded.

I like it. It's a fun way to pass the time on a boring, rainy day (I literally played this for 2 hours straight my eyes burn asdfghjkl).
Only complaint is that it becomes very repetitive after a while and that it's a bit tedious and time-consuming to end each battle/round. Aside from that, great game and much room for improvement. Maybe a sequel?