Reviews for "Aztec God Game"

POPULOUS!

childhood memories of amiga 500

thank you! 5/5 10/10

FightClub69 responds:

that's exactly what made me want to do this :)

Aaah, nostalgy bomb

Very nice remake, pretty much the same, you made me to fell like in old good times! Really thank you!

A few ideas....

Idea 1.
Make a players pack. Make a game where you make the land scape, and if wanted ad enemy towers.
idea 2.
Im interested in Greek gods... make a greek god game?
Could be better, But it's still an awesome game!

A blast from the past.

Great job on reviving this one.
Amiga folks might feel alive again thanks to that :)

Sadly, didn't had enough of time to play longer, so I can't possibly make full review without knowing the game fully.
But so far what I can say, it sure looks nice. Definitely have the flavor of old title.
Were those all spells offered tho? :o
If yes, then it might not beat the amount of em from Populous (2nd part especially), but hey..for sure Your game feels more dynamic than original, which is fun.

I also see that even in this version AI is using cheesy tactics of corrupting flatness of our lands to degrade the houses :P

Well, all in all. Fun
Again, good job

FightClub69 responds:

The original Populous (1) spells were (IMHO) a little disappointing, I used a mixture of Pop 1, Pop 2 and a couple I just made up to try to get a good balance. I removed volcano and earthquake because as a player I found them really annoying. Flood I just had to leave though, too much fun!
I spent quite a lot of time on the AI player, it uses every nasty tactic I could think of including dropping swamps near the edges where they're hard to find :) It does play fair though - it has the same 'visibility' rule for land that you do.

to BugReporter...

If anyone has the same bug as the one BugReporter mentions a few reviews below this one, just hold the arrow key pointing in the opposite direction to that which the screen automatically scrolls, then press the arrow pointing in the opposite direction to the one you just pressed (ex: if screen is scrolling to the right, hold left and tap right). This bug is NOT restricted to this game. I have seen it elsewhere and it is trivial to correct, so I have no problem with it.

Awesome game btw!

FightClub69 responds:

I played around for ages trying to find that bug and finally worked it out!
If you use a key to scroll and click outside the game (change focus) then release the key... it doesn't know the key has been released.
Solution: make sure the focus is on the game window (click it with the mouse) then press and release the same key again.
For future games I will try to make it automatically release keys when the focus changes. Thanks for the report (BugReporter) and the work-around AgentBunni!