Reviews for "Aztec God Game"

Doesn't work!!!!!

My screen is white and I can't pay it. It might because of my slow computer but if it isn't could you fix it? thanks

FightClub69 responds:

Sorry I don't know why you have that problem. The background colour for this game is dark green. Try refreshing your browser with ctrl-F5 to force it to reload?

my review

great game just sucks that i only got to play 2 lvls because it won't let me play any lvls now but great job man i give 10 even if it has some work needed to be done.

Good game

I'm just going to give everyone a 10 since I learned that some people can have any review they want removed. The scoring system is meaningless.

It was a decent game though. It got a little repetitive, but was still fun. The only difficulty was the computer's ability to change anything anywhere at once. You need to be able to zoom out to see more to fight back. This would make a good full-screen game.

I couldn't figure out how the "click to flatten" thing worked. A lot of times I would click in a depression thinking it would flatten and it would sink further or I would click a high spot and the whole area would rise.

FightClub69 responds:

The computer plays by the same rules as you do. If you use the omniscience spell the camera will track the AI's display window so you can see where he is looking. I did it this way to make it more fair, and also to make it feel more like a human opponent. The computer has one big advantage - it can change land accurately while the camera is moving (but it's not a very deep thinker so it needs some tricks to be able to keep up).

POPULOUS!

childhood memories of amiga 500

thank you! 5/5 10/10

FightClub69 responds:

Thanks :) That's where I first played it too..

Nostalgia

As a fan of the original Populos, I want to say "Thank you" for this game.

It's been a while since a played a game like this.
Simple, quick fun, but with so much depth behind it. It allows for a multitude of tactics, and could be a real burner in multiplayer.
Perfecting the "easy to learn, hard to master" design mantra, you made a good homage to the original, with enough new ideas to get me interested.

Kudos to the AI, it is mostly rather competitive.
I'm a little sad that building high and flooding the enemy doesn't work anymore because the Ai totally abuses my lag and casts flood two more times.
And I miss the volcano, though in retrospect I can't even tell what it did.

The controls drove me absolutely crazy, what with suddenly planting a mountain in my territory when I click twice, and I had some serious performance issue. This game would work a lot better with a zoom option, or a bigger window so a worldmap can be fit, but just like the controls, thats the limits you have, and I'm unwilling to draw any points for the platform.

As such, 5/5, 10/10, and keep going!

FightClub69 responds:

Thanks for the in-depth comments! The AI should only 'counter flood' on it's higher intelligence levels (it's hidden from the player but harder levels have tougher AI rules) so there should be a soft-spot where you can flood with impunity. If the AI is out of mana he can't counter-flood either, so try using it after he's done something that cost a bunch of mana. I added the counter-flood tactic because otherwise it's too easy to just build 2 up and then flood.. with this in place you have to build much higher (which takes longer and may cost you the advantage). The AI also spots if you're building high a lot, and will try to add some high-ground of his own.
Thanks for the great marks :)