Reviews for "Aztec God Game"

It's ok but...

Good concept, but way too repetitive.

I am not quite sure I get it..

Is the whle objective of the game to rise and lower terrain, and to throw spells on enemy time to time? Gets a bit repetitive.. :/

Wonderful Game

10 out of 10 and 5 out of 5
However I do have some suggestions.
I would like a level editor, because the custom game and random game were the exact same thing. Also possibly you could make the smart flatten land click a bit smarter so that we could input what level of elevation we want it to go to. I personally have never played populous however I am sure that this game is 10 times better and I congratulate you on that. I have added this game to my favorites and will vote it a 5 everyday until I complete every level which will take a while.

POPULOUS!

childhood memories of amiga 500

thank you! 5/5 10/10

FightClub69 responds:

Thanks :) That's where I first played it too..

A blast from the past.

Great job on reviving this one.
Amiga folks might feel alive again thanks to that :)

Sadly, didn't had enough of time to play longer, so I can't possibly make full review without knowing the game fully.
But so far what I can say, it sure looks nice. Definitely have the flavor of old title.
Were those all spells offered tho? :o
If yes, then it might not beat the amount of em from Populous (2nd part especially), but hey..for sure Your game feels more dynamic than original, which is fun.

I also see that even in this version AI is using cheesy tactics of corrupting flatness of our lands to degrade the houses :P

Well, all in all. Fun
Again, good job

FightClub69 responds:

The original Populous (1) spells were (IMHO) a little disappointing, I used a mixture of Pop 1, Pop 2 and a couple I just made up to try to get a good balance. I removed volcano and earthquake because as a player I found them really annoying. Flood I just had to leave though, too much fun!
I spent quite a lot of time on the AI player, it uses every nasty tactic I could think of including dropping swamps near the edges where they're hard to find :) It does play fair though - it has the same 'visibility' rule for land that you do.