Reviews for ""The Waxwork" Preview"

This wasn't that short of a preview. I guess I can't complain about that. I was so impressed by the animation. The rain was just amazing! I would love to see more of this here. I appreciate how good the atmosphere.

Based on a short story? I thought it was based on an episode of "The Twilight Zone". Well, maybe the episode was based on the short story. This was a lot of fun. Happy Halloween!

Looks good!

Good animation, and kind of interesting plot.
But the music let it down for me.
When this comes out next year its going to be very scary !
Just improve the music. Its a bit dissonant, and not in the scary, creepy way. Thats all I have to say.

Why did it cut to black so many times?

I thought it ended about 4 different times, and was expecting some sort of fade out but it never came. That was a bit odd. The drawing style is great, but it didn't translate into animation very well. However, the eery mood is created quite well with the music, animations and effects, and I am very much interested in seeing the next part.

Not bad.

Well, you've got my attention. I hope this gets finished and uploaded next year.

Art: 8/10

The artwork was absolutely fantastic. I was blown away by the detail put into the characters, shading and backgrounds, and I am seriously impressed. Good job.

Animation: 7/10

The animation was rocky at times, such as when he was walking down the street, when he was shaking hands with the manager, and Dr. Bourdette's mouth. But otherwise, it was very precise and very well done.

Audio: 8/10

Absolutely fantastic. The suspenseful buildup in the music was a very nice touch, and the voice acting was wonderful. You did a good job finding the right voice actors.

Story: 6/10

You lose points for originality, since you based this on someone else's work. But you kept my attention throughout the Flash, and you left me hungry for more. The ending was suspenseful, too.

Final Score: 6/10

Overall, I am pleased with how this turned out, and I will be on the lookout for the full version when it comes out. You did very well, and I hope to see more from you soon.

Could be improved

Some of the animation feels clunky or just sort of off, like the handshake. Most of it is okay.

The sound is okay. The storm sounds good but the music is pretty flat and generic, if not annoying sometimes. Voice acting is alright. Better than the music, for sure.

Oh, and the rain visuals were kinda bad. Ripples covering multiple heights with no puddles or anything to carry them... Huh. Are the rain drops vengeful spirits out to kill the reporter? Is that foreshadowing? If not, it's worth fixing.