Reviews for "Mystic's Shore"

i think ive reached nirvana awesome track dude
asian music pawns western music anytime
i love the atmosphere and those gongs are lovely :) and as always awesome singing

good luck in this round dude

etherealwinds responds:

that's awesome! ;D thank you steamp! good luck to you too!

Just as the title says, there is a very mystical feel to it :) And fantastic voice as always! 5* without a doubt.

etherealwinds responds:

Awesome track man! I had to listen to it a lot of times to notice all the details. Great athmosphere with all the flute, synth, erhu and plucked instruments. I really liked that you tried to express the mystical feeling of the hidden nirvana - and you did well! I am feeling like i were in the himalaya - the roof of the world. The track never gets boring and is very entertaining. Extreme that you even sung in mandarin. I think this excessive focus on details shows the difference between just talented people and whats called calling. You are an awesome musician with much potential and i think you will evolve great! Best wishes :D

etherealwinds responds:

^__^ I'm so happy you liked it. I can't wait until a little bit further into the future when I can go and travel myself. It'll do wonders for my soul and my music! That means a lot coming from the King of detail! All the very best to you Chris and thank you!

Very delicate and harmonious, but also groovy and catchy; delightfully not passive.

5/5 - Would use in classic Disney animation during scene where protagonist contemplates journey's hardships.

This is an NGADM Round 4 Review.

What I liked:
-Atmosphere is fantastic.
-I really love the instrumental stuff going on the background.
-The lyrics, especially the English ones, are thoughtfully crafted and skillfully written. I’m very impressed by them.
-The fact that you sing in a language you’re not familiar with is impressive as well.

What could have been better:
-The vocals are far too loud in the mix. They stand out considerably to me, I would have liked to see them integrated a little better.
-Sounds like you could use a de-esser at times, or less compression.
-The ending wasn’t bad, but I felt like it was a little out of place from the rest of the piece.

Overall this is an excellent piece that sets a wonderful mood. Great job!

Score: 9/10

etherealwinds responds:

Thanks for the review and the kind words and critique alike. In my fifth submission, I've certainly paid a lot more attention on the levels of my vocals and of course a de-esser on my splosives! I also worked hard to make it so that the song didn't have any parts that seemed detached from the rest. I'm very thankful for your advice!