Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Thousand Dollar Soul"

This was perfect.

Very artsy, and very extremely well done, thank God. Overall, epic performance. It's obvious you put a ton of effort into it. I hope this stays on the front page for some time. Thank you for creating this.

The only possible improvement would be to make it longer and make more paths. It's a very good concept and I'd love to see stuff like this brought back, as these are what video games are about.

beyond epic

one of the best stories I've heard in awhile, great sense of mystery, I had to play for 3 hours straight just to get all the endings, but it was worth it. I hate though that there's not one definite 'good' ending, but some of the endings are just as enjoyable

Worth it to go through the whole thing, but...

It was definitely fun to go through the whole thing, and even going back to see the timeline for the different ending, but there were a few things about the endings that were weird. It almost seems like there are four, maybe five, different timelines.

There's the very common ending where Future Todd has found where she lives (probably tracked her down from the coffee place) and attacked them both. Which I guess could lead to the ending where he's on the beach and, I'm guessing, either was going to or did propose to Madison. Something didn't go well it seems, it's all left really confusing with that ending.

Then there's the only mentioned once ending where Clint and Todd became best buds, which I'm guessing is only a simulation.

And then there's the "he killed the mugger and they get married ending." This one is kinda confusing in that I'm guessing it's only a simulation ending, but I'm not 100% sure. Though as I'm typing I understand now. That's why they're illegal. The AI is obtained illegally isn't it? It's gotten from medical brain scans that shouldn't be made public. Alright, now I see what exactly you did there with that ending.

So I guess the only really confusing ending is the Madison ending, I'd really like to know what happened with that.

GregLoire responds:

SPOILERS! Madison is Angela. Clint's full name is Clint Madison, and Angela took his last name when she married him. Clint mentions his full name in one of the paths. Future Todd just calls her Madison because he doesn't want Todd to know who he's talking about (Todd doesn't know Clint's last name).

The beach scene takes place 2 years after the attack (2045, rather than 2043). Basically, he got away with it and escaped to Cancun.

The one where Clint and Todd end up as best buds is indeed a simulation.

There are no words.

This is literally the most fun I've ever had with a flash game, and after a decade of playing them, I'd like to think I know a thing or two. The different endings and the way they interacted were nothing short of astonishing. Some people have touched on the possibility of expanding the artwork, making characters different depending on different situations, instead of one Todd, all the time. Though I honestly can't find fault with the story you've written or the way you've presented it, more character images would make this...more perfect, I suppose.

I got all endings & I'm surprised to get ending #34 for last...it was perfect! also, gotta give the music some credit especially for giving it an extra thrill to the intense plot twist!