For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 201 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "4KB Game"

wow

Does it really all fit into 4k? Some of the information about the graphics must already be stored in the flash applet.

ObeseDude responds:

It's done using vector(not pixel) graphics. Just drawing a lot of lines and circles ^-^

Good try!

It was a good try and at the challenge, but not good enough. Maybe adding more attractive looking graphics, and a high-score uploader would make it better. 9/10, 5/5.

Gracious! My ears!

First of all let me say that, given the restrictions, I think you did an awesome job!

When I saw 3.9 KB on the file size, I was like, "This is going to suck." But given the restrictions, I think you actually managed to create an entertaining and enjoyable game that actually looks decent. So many people nowadays don't even bother to optimize their games/programs for size or processor use. Back in the days of the NES, the cartridges only contained 128 KB, and yet they contained awesome games like The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. Nowadays, people submit things to Newgrounds that are 25 Megabytes, and absolute garbage.

So Kudos to you for helping to recover a lost art.

Now, there's just one little issue I have to criticize you on...

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU CHOSE THAT MUSIC??!!! >:( >:( >:(

It's awful! You said, "Don't play too long or eyes may begin to bleed." My eyes were fine, sir. My ears on the other hand were bleeding after about 8 seconds of listening to that garbage. I wanted to keep playing, but I had to shut the game off due to the sheer agony it was causing me. There are plenty of great midi-quality sound tracks that you could potentially put into a game like this and make it really enjoyable to listen to and play. That was not one of those sound tracks. Choose something else next time.

ObeseDude responds:

Lol thanks for the review.

I wrote the song dynamically with code based on random numbers. Theres no way I could put a song in it for under 6KB (8-bit songs these days are not actually 8-bit). Maybe it would of been better off muted though, huh? lol xD

Addictive and my eyes started to water. They almost bled JK XD. But my eyes were getting tired. try a less bright wave or go slower like NSMBW.

all rite..

you did it in tons on codes...
not bad...