Reviews for "Mystical Mountain"

Oh man... I'm normally a pretty harsh reviewer and I almost never hand out 10/10s, but NGADM just forced me to hand them out back-to-back. This song though... whoa. I really enjoy the section that starts at about 1:00 (and ends at the climax at 4:00 I guess... lol, that's not very specific) and I particularly like 2:12. But really the whole thing flows together magnificently, and the melodies are all great and flow together - because that's what this song does, it doesn't transition, it FLOWS from one section to the next, effortlessly! I really like the bit at 2:45 that launches the buildup - I could tell we were building up immediately, even though it's a very subtle.

My only complaint is I don't really like the climax... like, I realize on some level that it's necessary from an arrangement point of view, but maybe it could have been more unique than just blasting the notes at me. (See, this is just proof that I'll never be content, because when I reviewed First Flight with the unique climax I complained about that too!)

Anyway, this piece is amazing. Be proud.

Garlagan vs you is going to be a battle for the ages!

I'd like the leave my vote comment by itself.

Why, this is simply horrendous...

Is what a liar would say! Because this is - forgive the somewhat overused descriptor - EPIC! Who are you? Why are you in this contest and not out scoring film and television? Merciful heavens, Jacob...you've got the mad skillz to pay the bills, man! And Stephanie's strings threaten to pluck my very heart from my chest with each sweep of the bow. I scarcely even know what to say, but humbly consider me a fan from now unto eternity. Bless your insanely talented self. I am simultaneously overjoyed by and completely jealous of these robust instrumental suites that everyone but myself seems to possess! Blast you college loans and your financial vampirism!

One day...oh yes, mark my words...ONE DAY I shall join the ranks! Until then good luck, godspeed, and thanks for blowing the doors off of an otherwise quiet and introspective day.

the song tells a story,
i see a man coming back from war in triumph, a son is bore, father assassinated, son leaves to take revenge, epic battle, victory!

If this doesn't scream Golden Dun, then en I don't know what does. This has the perfecct.