Reviews for "Gearlock: Episode 1"

Bau~chika~bau-wau

Is what I say every time i look at your girls... Blue AND Human...

Ah for fuck sake

I love this.

Good game.

Love the music, love the idea, love the smart assed remarks it makes when you do something stupid.

Nice!

Awesome game! I love the artwork.

Very promising

It was very nice, with that steampunk look and your drawing style that reminded me of Wayfinder. Keep it going like that, these games are nice.

And now for the negative feedback:
* The game was too short, it would be nice as the first of a three-part game (fix the steamship, explore the woods and the ancient tunnels -or the like-, and solve big puzzle or kill bad guy or something, all on the same game).
* The music is nice, but there are only 2 tracks and they don't fit specific scenes, e.g. while the ship is being attacked and there's the steam emergency, the guitar+violin+piano+percussion one doesn't fit, it would be better to only use the harpsichord(?) one, keeping the other one for the puzzle solving part.
* Some animations would have been nice in the part in which the zeppelin falls. On the other hand, it would have broken the aesthetic of the game (still images). Maybe putting more pictures on the sequence would help (you don't feel like the zeppelin is falling if there's a still image, but 3 of them might be nice).
* The belt (inventary) isn't very intuitive to use. If items can't be combined, it's better that clicking an item puts down another item.

Anyway, it has been an amusing game, in the line of other games you make. Thanks for doing it!