Reviews for "[Visible] III"

Broken Medals?

Loved how different ans challenging game this is, usually with a puzzle platformer I get bored or frustrated easily. This was an amazing improvement from the last, I'm looking foward to more of your games. Great job. Oh...are the medals broken or something?

AethosGames responds:

Nope, medals are working fine. For me at least.

Cool

It's the first [Visible] game I've played and It's super addicting! some parts were a little annoying if I couldn't beat them but it was still awesome

visible

the best

AethosGames responds:

Making multiple accounts to vote is against the NG rules.

Awesome

You should make a fourth one and with online too

Sorry man, no fourth :(

Redemption... sort of.

Hey, remember me? I'm that guy who wrote some pretty negative reviews for both Visible I and II. Well, III is a vast improvement and I like it.

First of all, the controls are really good. I was astonished to see how smooth jumping, running up walls and climbing ceilings is. The one thing that doesn't feel quite fluid enough is jumping off walls while running up them.

The graphics are excellent and the soundtrack is outright amazing. With the latter being so excessively dramatic (in a good way) I wish there was something at stake here - perhaps a story would be in order?

What it all comes down to is that what's here is very polished and almost perfected; it's just that what's here isn't much. The split-screen visibility gimmick isn't strong enough to carry the game and is a lot of the time more annoying than intriguing. I found myself enjoying the later, more hectic levels of the game the most, when there was some actual action involved.

My suggestion to you is to expand, and rely less heavily on the visibility gimmick. I'm not saying you should get rid of it, considering it's the core of the game, in fact, I think you could do more with it. Perhaps more interaction between the two screens, buttons in one screen that affect things in the other screen, I don't know. And maybe mix levels where you have to watch your every step with levels that are more lenient on this and action-oriented.

The upgrade system felt pointless - when done properly, an upgrade system can make a game feel more rewarding, but there were only two upgrades available and they affected the game only in minor ways.

It's almost unfortunate now, that there will be no sequel, but perhaps my criticism will perhaps be helpful to any unrelated future projects (I will be sure to check out any further work of yours, if any). And if you ever do make a Visible IV, I would advise you to play around with it and try some new things; whereas III is really just I & II but better, IV could be III but better and more.

AethosGames responds:

Thanks! I actually took your review from #2 pretty seriously when looking for things to improve upon in this one. I'm glad that most of what was wrong with the previous 2 was fixed, but I don't go over 3 games in any on series, so this is the best it's going to get =\

I'll definitely take what you said into consideration in my future platformers. I am taking a break from the platformer genre temporarily to get my feet wet with other genres (My next game is going to be an RPG) but I love platformers and will come back to them eventually.

Thanks for the brutally honest, yet incredibly useful review!