Reviews for "Radioactive (Cover)"

Amazing! Really that's all I got. I really like this song and this cover is just amazing.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

By far one of the best and most unique covers of this song I've heard. Your voice is like it was born for the song. It's relaxing yet gets the blood flowing at the same time. I love <3

VGSongbird responds:

Well, you're just being sweet. I appreciate the rave review!

Amazing work as always. You sing so well your vocals almost overshadows your composition and instrumentation. But they too are stellar. Not many people do even one of those things well.

And like BlueOceans, the main complaint I have with this track is the amount of reverb. I think they are good for some of the vocal layers, and only at some places. But too much of them feels like you're always singing from too far away, and that your beautiful voice never really COMES THROUGH my speakers.

For example, it'd be so "in your face" if during one of the many instances of "Radioactive"s, you cut out the reverb (and even the instruments), and then hit it again immediately after.

Percussion work is also great, although I feel that at some places you can change it up with sections that are more "racing", rather than going heavy and substantial all the way throughout.

But then these things are more personal preference and nitpicking. Again, this is great work overall.

VGSongbird responds:

Well, I appreciate that you're giving me honest feedback. I use so much reverb sometimes that it can be a little distracting. But I'm glad you gave it such a high score regardless.

The large of amount of reverb on your vocals was super distracting. I understand what you were trying to do, but that was still too much. The only time I enjoyed the reverb was in the bridge, it fit perfectly there.

I used to like this song a long time before it finally became popular. I listened to it so many times and when It started playing on the radio every 10 minutes, I was already so tired of it lol.

I'm going to vote 5 stars anyways because you're one of my favorite newgrounds artists!

VGSongbird responds:

Well, I'm sorry it wasn't your favorite. I appreciate that you stayed true to your feelings about it though--keeps me grounded. :3

Radioactive Is One Of My Favourite Songs Out Right Now And I'm Always Really Cautious About Covers Because A Lot Of Them Are REAAAALLY Painful. Until Today, There Was Only One Version Other Than The Original That I Liked And That Was A Music Box Version.

However, Because Of My Love For Your Other Music, I Decided I'd Put My Worry To One Side And Clicked The Link, Much To My Surprise, I Actually Loved The Way You Did Your Version!

The Build Up In Music Starting With The Piano Was Just Perfect But One Thing I Will Say Is That I Think The Drum Beat Drowned Out The Vocals And Made It Sound A Little Messy During The Verses.

Although, In Saying That, Well Done For Making This, I Could NEVER Make Anything Like This So Congrats And Well Done!

*Faved And Downloaded*

VGSongbird responds:

Well thanks for your Fav and Download! I hope to do better by you in the future ;)