Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Pixel Purge"

Amazing

I have been playing geometry wars a bit lately, and this was way more fun. I love the retro graphics. I didn't pay much attention to the music, because I was more focused on NOT DYING. :oP But that's a good thing. The music in a lot of games can be distracting, and make you not want to play, but the music in this game was light, and non invasive to the ears. The controls were great. The ship didn't move too fast or too slow, and the bullets went where I wanted them to go. All in all, I think you did an excellent job. You clearly put a lot of time and effort in this game. I'd like to see more like this in the future. Maybe a sequel sometime down the road? :oP

This game...

It is this sort of game that makes Newgrounds so great. The difficulty in the later levels, the upgrades, the explosions, the gameplay... It's perfect. Thank you for submitting this. I agree with Shotgunmadmax... It beats the hell out of geometry wars any day of the week.

Tons of fun!

It was so much fun to play this because the graphics were just amazing! I was a bit confused because when I saw "-4" on the enemies, I thought that meant I was losing points. Thank you for having all these medals that people can work hard to get. It was just hard to pick up with the theme so I am glad you included that cut scene. It shows you are great at making games and the designs seemed to be both complicated and simple at the same time! It was fun to just blast these giant pixels apart!

game was awesome

5/5 classic fun it was an awesome game. Visually it was outstanding and the music wasnt too retro just a good relaxing techno beat. Please make more I consider this game better than geometry wars. The rpg element you put into the game was icing on the cake. Amazing game keep it up.

EpicShadow responds:

Excellent review! Just the kind of thing we love to read.

Simple yet great

Addicting game, i really like it