Reviews for "Steam's Wonderful Contraptions"

Brilliant, solid throughout, well done!

Ah. Thank you

One of the visualisations is hypnotising which, along with this song makes me feel like I'm being slowly shrunk and being dragged into some sort of toy world. This is really awesome and very you. There's really something to fresh about what the audio section of NG seem to have to offer the world and this is a fine example. Five stars, amazing job.

steampianist responds:

A weird toy world haha I like that! And yes there is alot of interesting tracks here in NG (and its free)
anyways thanks for the review and goodluck in round 2. You have an amazing track as well I downloaded It haha

This song amazed me. The instruments sound so good. The melodies are very good. There are a lot of background instruments which I like. The mixing sounds very clean and professional. Im adding you and this song to my favorites.

steampianist responds:

Hi. Considering you won with the highest score out of any participant I think it's fair to say you didn't win just out of luck.

The Good:
-Those random effect samples are so hilarious and awesome.
-I'm surprised you managed to make Edirol sound good, I guess this is what happens when you use it for something it's not intended for as much.
-Certainly has the dance vibe you said you wanted to get across.
-The various bits of extra percussion you use rhythmically are spectacular.
-Overall composition is great, it really fits the title and feels funky as heck.
-Transition at 2:21 is spectacular, I love it. :D

The Not-So-Good:
-I think the transition at about 0:14 is a tad bit awkward.
-Sometimes with all the effects, other effects get buried such as around a minute and 30 seconds, the percussion in the background is very buried and is more just background noise. Similar happens to some background arpeggios at about 2:13.
-The ending is slightly off-putting with the awkwardly off-key steam whistle. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Overall: Score of 9.5/10. This is just so quirky and awesome, it fits your title beautifully. All the various effects just add to it, the only thing I really think you need to work on (before getting really nitpicky) is your mixing. Don't bury the awesome effects that you have. :c

steampianist responds:

I think I may have gotten a little bit carried away with the whislte hahaha its my own recorded sample I got too happy with it

Thank you for this helpful review.

Logged in to rate this a 5. Great piece of work.

Gonna try to not wall of text this one, but here goes

The beginning tune waltzed straight through to the middle of the "Magical World". It seemed like you were almost in the midst of a giant toy factory with toy trains there and nutcrackers here, with a slightly demented twist, like the train may be coming after YOU soon. Then you found the bubble room, a room that basically blows everything way out of proportion, even their head sizes. Then the train (I guess thats whats taking you now) speeds along and you feel the rush of wind on your face. You get thrown off and a whole slow-mo thing takes place off into SPACE (Don't ask how, I'll never tell). Then you get thrown back in, this time as one of the nutcrackers. Great song, perfect tunes used everywhere, and almost no mistakes.

10/10!

steampianist responds:

you seriously just signed up just to review? this

i can not describe how flattered i am right now..
thank you so much and i love how you described my track
with a story

youre awesome thank you again