Reviews for "Arcuz (Full Version)"

Mmm, bad controls are bad,

It looks promising but when i have to remove one hand from either my movement keys or mouse during battle to attack, I'm upset. Lets say I use WASD for movement, anything like E or Q or F or R or Space or .... you get the idea. I don't understand the ideology of putting the attack key on J.

not bad but...

WTF?
how come you cant go to the main menu unless you refresh???
if you go to menu, it says save&quit but obviously you cant save so u end up back in the game
it is a nice game, but the gameplay can get very tedious

solo MMORPG...

Graphics 5/5
Gameplay 4/5
Music and SFX 5/5

Yet, 7/10 overall rating. Why? Because the game felt more like playing one of the many all-too-similar MMOs out there except combining all their elements so effectively into so small a package is worth kudos. However, the drop rates and other such factors seem to have been directly ripped off one, hence the many complaints that are coming from people. The no rest or shelter wouldn't hurt that much as it makes the game more competitive, but potions are seriously overpriced given how money is not the most readily available feature of the game, perhaps 15 coins per potion?
Since the drop rates and item prices seem to be exactly the same as in MMOs, it has caused some unexpected problems in the otherwise extremely smooth gameplay - people can spend this much time grinding in MMOs because they have company, not many are capable of appreciating such solitude. The potions require a proper description, so do the various character stats. I do applaud your efforts in minimizing the grammatical mistakes that are rampant in flash RPG games - I couldn't find a single one in this! A first for me! (well, atleast till the point where I've played the game) Ah, also the weapon system seems to be a bit lacking, there are three categories of weapons but no differences or strength/weakness descriptions are provided, I just picked the axe due it's high damage since no other factor was mentioned.
Some people mentioned trouble in moving from one area to another, to quote someone's review, "enter a new area and you are a cunt". I would not deny that the distribution of strength is not very smooth over the levels, but hey, people, the real reason it seems so tough is because the slimes are wimps! A player goes from dealing 100-200 damage per hit right from the very low levels on slimes to dealing less than 50 damage on wolves! If we neglect the slimes, the other monsters have a relatively smooth transition.
umm...I think that's about all for now....gonna play the game a while more and will message you if I find something new, if you want that is. But yes your effort was brilliant, the game mechanics were really intense! Keep it coming!
p.s. maybe more "secret moves" like the jump slash can help add to the excellent fighting experience ;)

This was pretty cool....

But the magic abilities take WAY TOO LONG to recover, sure it took all my magic, but to not use it for 5 minutes when I got my SP back is just retarded, especially when ALL OF THEM DO IT!! And one level up could mean life or death, and every enemy that is equal in level to you is some how twice your strength, that makes no sense.

Also the final boss was too hard even with maxed level, which is another problem the cap is 35, thats a strange number to stop at, especially when the final boss is level SUPER 35 which is 6 million times stronger than you will ever be, and the fucker gets 3 times faster and twice as strong with an infinite meteor strike after you take 3/4 of his health bar, why doesn't that asshole have to wait 5 minutes to do that gay Meteor strike but I got to wait to do big bang that might get canceled by thunder enemies near by.

Other than those retarded problems this game is a great time waster, but these problems are extremely serious killers to my enjoyment.

what's up with the equipment enchanting?

why when I try to enchant an equipment it aways fails thats just nonesense... and why the hell monsters with lower levels stills give us great hits? well good game but these two topics make so boring...