Reviews for "Supercollide"

LOL you win. This is bonkers I love it. Dat piano's attitude.. and fat jazz harmony melodies, a mega funky bassman... The change at 2:30 is gorgeous, horn solo is ripping it. Piano solo destroys too omg. What a crazy rhythm to drum solo over, dang.

Everything's perfect omg 5/5.

camoshark responds:

Thank you so much, man, you know I hold your opinion in high regards!

Thanks for making this ;)

camoshark responds:

Thanks!

My eyes got wide from the first piano note. Man, this piece has some personality to it! I don't even know what to say except that your piece is face-meltingly awesome. It's THAT good.

The harmonies are so tasteful, that bass is delicious, the winds come out swinging, the drums are elaborate, and that piano has class! The whole group is in the pocket, too. And the mix! It's so clear.

Some of my favorite sections are those starting at 3:07, 4:05(!), 5:48, 6:40, and 6:53(!).

This was an absolute pleasure to listen to, and I can't tell you how impressed I am regarding the time you pulled this off in. For as much stress as this must have been, I think that it was absolutely worth it. This is definitely the most impressive jazz track I've heard on NG.

5/5 and fav'd. You just went up about ten notches in my book, and I already had a lot of respect for you.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. This piece is the god damn tits. Monk all day. tits.

This is an NGADM Round 1 review.

I am left in absolute awe. You had all the odds against you and made something that is definitely one of your best works, spanning over 8 minutes of incredible jazz music with wonderfully-fitting funk influences. There's a superb amount of variety in this track but everything is still structured so well, with well-executed crescendos (like 2:22 onwards which has the most beautifully subtle sax introduction ever at 2:35 may I add) and even a reference to the beginning melodies towards the end, truly bringing everything into a full circle. And the production, the one thing which I was worried about in your track, is actually very good! There are a few inconsistencies, like 6:52's piano not sounding nearly as crisp as it did at the beginning, but overall everything is produced well! Not as clean as it can possibly be, but certainly very good.

I feel like an idiot pointing out flaws in such an incredible track, but really all I could find is that sometimes when a lot of instruments play together, the result sounds a bit messy and sloppy (1:43 for instance). In fact, the points where you've got a more controlled and manageable amount of instruments playing, the track sounds so much cleaner in all. This could be due to little rehearsal time or lack of detailed audio editing work. Your ending is a bit lame for such a long and developed track as well.

Those are all the flaws I can think of without obsessing over this track for hours to look for the tiniest nitpicks imaginable. This is absolutely brilliant and I'm thoroughly impressed.

Score: 9.8/10