Reviews for "Departure"

very backstory-like awesome job man

wow this is excellent! the chord voicings are absolutely spectacular, and I love the trade off between instruments that provide variation in color. the mixing is great as well.

I can definitely see a tearful goodbye and/or death scene with this piece. everything from the first note, to the build up, to the finale, are all perfect. I find it hard to believe that you don't write intimate pieces that often. one of many reminders that I myself have a LOT to learn!

At first i wanna say that it should be honored if someone tries out something different and i dont think it has been a wrong choice not to compose within the usual big epic stile. I like the piece. It has such a lonely feel - the piano is very descreet and has character. The wetness and reverp is well chosen. I also like the combination of the sustain strings, solo oboe and glockenspiel / celesta.

You raised the intensity from 3:55 - good decision! Only thing i would have changed is that i think it would have been good to bring in a mid-part whith a short instant and powerful action as a contrast to the quiet parts and bring in snares and epic drums and after a short action part get back to the quiet style.

Overall nice piece!

All the best to Scotland!

Awesome job Peter, I think you should experiment more often so we get to hear more awesome music like this :D. Good luck in the NGADM.

I wish I found this last night when I was having trouble sleeping. So peaceful, beautiful, and sad. I would never guess that this was an unfamiliar style for you to produce.