Reviews for "A Storm Over Lavender Lane"

What in heaven's name, the beginning just lifted off so suddenly I love itttt!!!!!!!! Wow, how does one float and write through notes so quickly and so passively? Beautiful. Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed the quicker allegro movement than the slow andante one, but obviously both parts counteract each other perfectly. This piece is so inspiring. I imagine the journey of a single woman during rush hour through a heavy rainstorm for the first part, hurrying along with the crowds and smashing into the public transit, soaked to the brim not only with rain but with sudden thoughts of what the future holds. Then of course for the second part, she finally arrives home and shakes off the rain and stress of the day. She slowly walks up to a table in the hallway showcasing a photo of her son when he was 5 years-old, now almost 23 years-old studying abroad. She grins softly as she backs into memories past. I personally would have liked the song to end on a dark chord to signify that this woman still has ill feelings about what's to come, but that's just my opinion. Overall, what a perfect classically inspired piece. Fantastic job!

headphoamz responds:

...well damn. That's a good story right there. Happy to have inspired you, and thanks for listening Zip! <3

Loved that piano. I can hear that romantic influence. I never really got too into Debussy but chopins my dog. Really pro use of dynamics in those crechendos/decrechendos. This hits a really good smattering of emotions and themes. Good stuff :)

headphoamz responds:

Chopin Twins, UNITE! YEah dude, but glad you liked it, thanks for noticing the dynamics. Thing was a bitch to mix. :D

You don't know how cool you are. It's like an impossible level of coolness.

Aw shucks Sam. :3

You're the first classical pianist I've heard on Newgrounds, not that I've been on here for that long. I must say, I really love this!!

I think you have a true talent for composition, a cut above most composers that I know. Really, seriously wonderful. Newgrounds is an extremely critical place, eh? I couldn't not 5-star this.

headphoamz responds:

Thank you so much! And you have a lovely voice btw! ^_^

1:10 and on caught my main attention, not that i dont appreciate fast compositions but i just didnt feel the theme in that part (probably because it felt more like a breeze than a storm), the slow part felt a bit like waking up and opening your front door and meeting a empty street filled with leaves.

headphoamz responds:

Gotcha, some people like it fast and some like it slower. :P