Reviews for "Artist's guide to the Gun"

Amazing.

Not only do you know your stuff about guns and animation, you presented it in a clean, orderly fashion that makes even someone who doesn't understand animation at all such as myself get it...to a degree. I couldn't even do that stuff with paint though....

Anyway, the most clenching thing is that our not just doing this for reviews, and not just doing this to get famous or points; this is obviously done to HELP people in their animations. Your attitude is the quencher.

10/10, 5/5, the world needs more people willing to help others without asking anything in return.

StealthBeast responds:

I mainly want to help others, to be appreciated, and for constructive feedback... but I must correct you, I'm anything but humble, I don't mind tooting my own horn, and I sure as hell want reviews, and points =P. The problem is, most other gun tutorials I've seen are either inexperienced with either guns, or animation, and thus either create an amazing animation that gets its guns wrong or an amazing gun explanation, limited in demonstration due to a severe lack of artistic talent. I happen to have both skills. So how do I take this skill and get lots of reviews and points? Cut the bullshit and make a good flash. I normally cringe at the thought of using CoD4 to explain a weapon, or the word "clip", but I did in order to make my point clear, and because of that, ACTUAL artists (i.e. geeks who play alot of shooter games but DON'T sit down and study ballistic charts) understand it.

Like all decent artists, I used to be a miserably confused beginner, and I know what it's like to see people do amazing work as if it were the easiest thing in the world... The trick to making a good tutorial is to look at what you've said, imagine yourself as that confused noob again, and think "How might this confuse me? What questions might I ask?" and if it either confuses me, or leaves unanswered questions, I tweak it or scrap it entirely.

At any rate, i've spent WAY too much time answering this review, and I think I've reaffirmed my point that I'm anything but humble =P.

Mega-glad you liked the tutorial, thank you for your kind words.

Sweet.

Educational and ****.

StealthBeast responds:

Yup. Educational and shit/fuck/crap/piss/Bob Saget.

Glad you liked it.

Awesome tutorial!!

It was hilarious and very well made. It explained a lot, but kept me interested, you're really funny! keep up the good work!

StealthBeast responds:

Thanks for your kind words, glad you liked it!

Excellent

It's kind of lucky I found this, I was about to make a movie with a gun involved and my plan on the artwork was to just wing it. The thing I especially liked about this tutorial was that you didn't set rigid guidelines and even set examples of variations. Good work.

StealthBeast responds:

Coolness. Shoot me a PM when you complete your movie, I'd like to see it.

wait...

how can I lower the alpha?

StealthBeast responds:

The image must first be converted into a Symbol.