Reviews for "Artist's guide to the Gun"

Good Job

I was pretty suprised at how informative this was. Tons of information about guns that I didn't know about since i'm not a huge gun fanatic(especially the jam types). I don't think i'll make an animation with guns anytime soon but it's also pretty informative on different ways to make muzzle flashes which a lot of people forget to use. Anyways I see this as being a great little tutorial for people making madness animations since it covers all of the things that you would need to know for those involving guns.

StealthBeast responds:

Good, I hope you utilize this information eventually.

Kind of wish you told me why I got a 9 and not a 10 though, as you had absolutely no complaints about this flash.

But 9 is great anyway. Thanks for the review.

I liked it.

Does what it's meant to do. The only other thing I coulda hoped for was a list of interesting guns to Google and maybe a picture or drawing of it.

StealthBeast responds:

Here's some widely recognized, famous/historical guns you could find a plethora of information on Google about:

-Pistols:
Glock 17
M1911A1 (My favorite practical handgun)
M9 Beretta
H&K USP
SIG P220
.50AE Desert Eagle (My favorite impractical handgun)
Fiveseven

MG42
M1919
M249
RPD

That's just a nothing-special list of guns I picked off the top of my head. If you're an FPS player, you probably recognize half of these guns.

what?

you simply trace them? what if you want to draw them from a different angle?
it's a good tutorial, but I think tracing is always a bad idea because you hardly learn anything from it and you want to be able to draw yourself some day, don't ya?

StealthBeast responds:

Unfortunately, drawing guns works exactly like drawing people, or drawing cars, or drawing any other standardized yet individually unique object... It requires years of training. There aren't any magical words that I can say to get someone to understand how to draw a gun free-hand.

Tracing however, I CAN explain, to give a base to basic gun knowledge. From there, if you want to get REALLY creative and design weaponry (as I'm capable of doing), you really need to just practice practice practice. There isn't a word I can say that will speed that up process up.

Very useful

Very useful, perfect for people like me who don't know much about guns and can use a few facts.

StealthBeast responds:

Aw why the barely passing grade then? =(

Pretty stupendous

I'd like to ask a question lol
Is your gun in "Let your imagination run wild" on how to make a gun based on the gantz gun?

StealthBeast responds:

I didn't base it off of anything. I have no idea what a "gantsz" gun is. Doesn't surprise me that the concept of twin pistols, one inverted on another, has been done before though.