Reviews for "Artist's guide to the Gun"

Some pretty good pointers.

'nuff said.

StealthBeast responds:

Actually, not enough said. Why did you give me a 9/10 instead of a 10/10 if you have no complaints?

Then again, I guess I just can't win em all, and 9 is great anyway.

Glad you liked it.

Nice!

This looks really helpful, but I have no idea what program to use. Can you give me an idea? I only have a mac...

StealthBeast responds:

Adobe Flash (or an older, Macromedia Flash software). It's an EXPENSIVE piece of software, but if you're an art student sometimes you can get a NICE discount.

Apparently, someone with pivot benefited from this animation as well, and that's free.

mmmmmmmm verynoice.

i dont really like putting much thought into guns myself, me being one of those people who just sees "kerchink, boom, plink" with almost every gun, but this has changed my ways, sorta, now i have the right to correct peoples about guns.
FUN!

StealthBeast responds:

I'd prefer if you exercised your right to correct me on my animation, as you gave me a 9/10 instead of a 10/10 without leaving me any complaint.

Great

Pretty good review but, And i will get on you for this cus im a 1911 maniac, Theres no 1911 in MW2. other than that Dead on. And one other thing, you forgot to cover the smoke from the barrel.

StealthBeast responds:

Yes, this has been pointed out to be before. I'm not a MW2 player, and I made a rash assumption.

Smoke from the barrel? Modern weapons produce negligable amounts of smoke. Even the dirtiest, automatic AK47 firing the crappiest, dirtiest .308 wolf ammo at full auto isn't going to produce that much smoke at all. As an artist I've tried simulating the verrrry small amount of smoke/debris you get with modern sulfur-free gunpowder, but all it leads to is a waste of time and a lot of lag.

Loved It.

The one thing I would add is a bit more detail in the drawing section. (Common features people leave out or draw incorrectly, how you chose your colors, etc.)

Other than that, great; I'm going to grab a gun off of Google and draw it right now.

Trace away!

Yeah, I wanted to have a part about coloring, specifically using linear and radial fills to create depth and sexyness... But the color mixer varies so much from each version of flash, and most of the coloring is self-explanatory anyway, I decided to leave it out.

Glad you loved it.