Reviews for "Artist's guide to the Gun"

what about...

now i give you props for this dead on guide but you didn't cover some thangs such as: bolt wepons such as the KAR-98 mouser, and what about clip changing?
btw great job.
*note i know vary bad spelling*

StealthBeast responds:

Well, there isn't really much to say. Realistic animation of bolt weapons just needs lots of time put into the raw animation of cycling the bolt. I'd just advise to go onto youtube, type "Mauser 98" into search and watch a few guys fire it.

Magazine changes vary WILDLY from platform to platform. Revolvers require the insertion of each round individually or the use of moon clips or speedloaders, bulpups load the magazine rearward, AK47s require you to roll the magazine in, M1 garands require you feed the clip into the top of the chamber, and AR15 magazines require you to push the magazine straight in...

Its not really plausible for me to address reloads because either A: The gun, oh say an M16, is so easily recognized that it's pretty obvious how it's loaded, or B: The gun, oh say, a P90, is such an oddball at reloading, I can't address it because I can't possibly address every single little firearm's design out there.

At any rate, glad you liked it, as evident by the 10 =)

EDIT:

But tell ya' what. If I get more demand for reloads, I'll add that as a section.

Great Guns

I really enjoyed your tutorial. It's not just good as a flash animator, but also as a writer. Thanks for the info!

StealthBeast responds:

Oh really? Well, coolness. Glad to hear you got something out of it.

My god

These make my gun drawings look like water guns ! XD

LOL.

I could've said that at one point. Hope you learned something from this then.

Mythbusters likes tiny explosions

i was kinda shocked that i actually already knew at least 75% of this. despite being an artist, despite not being crazy about guns and violence, despite being in possession of a female reproductive tract.

EAT IT, male-dominated society! >=D

StealthBeast responds:

PSH. Know that this is merely the tip of the iceberg.

I, an individual in possession of a male reproductive system, went easy on you.

On a serious note, thanks for your 10.

Very cool

and informative. 10'd

StealthBeast responds:

Rate this review as helpful'd