Reviews for "Artist's guide to the Gun"

DA/SA

In revolvers you said revolvers are harder to shoot because they have Double action triggers. all glocks, XDs, or any hammer less handgun is double action only. Revolvers are one of those few things like 1911 model pistols people still often buy in single action which means you must pull the hammer back before you can pull the trigger. Also revolvers would be more accurate because of the fixed barrel unlike the floating barrel in all glocks, xds automatics, and 1911 style single actions. The trigger pull would be no different than on a pistol that has a hammer. Because double action must pull the trigger as well as pull back the hammer before the sear releases and fires. Also like you said get it right or get chewed out. Cool stuff though.

StealthBeast responds:

Er, by technical definition, yes, a Glock trigger performs 2 actions upon firing and therefore fits the definition of a "double-action trigger" (it's even advertised as such), but the key point I was trying to get at was that almost all revolvers use a double-action trigger that recock the hammer upon firing, resulting in an intensely heavy trigger pull.... I'm also aware of double-action only (that is, a semi-automatic handgun that, upon firing, chambers the round, but does not cock the hammer.) exist, but they're pretty rare, and usually a feature of mouseguns that are rarely featured in flashes... I'm also aware that revolvers are theoretically more accurate because of the fixed barrel and sights, but trigger pull tends to play a bigger role in accuracy anyway because most of us physically can't shoot as accurate as our semi-automatics are mathematically capable of.. and that's why I said semi-automatic are more accurate at rapid firing.

So yes, I'm aware of allllll that, but that's a lot of stuff to explain and that's why I left it out.

Also, note that having an exposed hammer does not denote whether a handgun is single action, double-action-transition, or double-action-only; plenty of exposed-hammer designs in the semi-automatic platform are much lighter than a double-action revolver. The 1911 cocks the hammer after each shot, and therefore has a trigger pull of like, 2-4 pounds, whereas a 686 revolver fired without cocking the hammer has a pull of like, what, 10 pounds? Something like that. The Sig P220 features double-action-transition, that is, double-action on the first shot, single-action on subsequent shots, and follows the same poundage compared to a revolver or a 1911 respectively.

At any rate, thanks for the 10.

Really great!

Awesome gun tut! The animations are very useful. Feels very complete. Great job!

StealthBeast responds:

Good, hope you learned something from it.

I give you a frillion stars

That was awesome, I fav'd it and will be sure to utilize this in the future when I start doing flash (web dev atm). I especially like your combination of accuracy and sarcasm lol.

StealthBeast responds:

Lol thank you. I was shooting for no-nonsense in the beginning, but at the same time, didn't want it to be dry.