Reviews for "Ufo Swarm Survival"

COOl

This is one of the less professional games that i enjoy
its games like this that make newgrounds newgrounds

all you need to do is tidy up the sprites and work on the backround overlap

hahaha

Things get a little nutty around 20k

decently made game, could use a little more though i think. I would consider adding some actual purpose to the game rather than just try not to die.

I'll vote a 3 on this for entry level

good

good sound, average animations but a little bit pointless

Pretty good

Ill agree with the general theme of comments. It was good, but it needs more. Powerups. New enemies, stronger enemies, background variation (levels) and bosses. I did like the controls. In alot of these the controls are TOO responsive, a slight motion of the mouse or arrow key will send you to the top or bottom of the screen. It was easy to get a handle on, which is a good start. Taking what you have and turning it into something unique wouldnt be too hard. I think level up systems are cliche, try something like gradius instead =)

Needs a bit of work

When i first started, i thought that it would shape up to be pretty fun.
But as i progressed through the game (if you can call it that), it started to get boring.

First off, there are way to many side scrolling survival games in the world now, and not many of them are very unique. You should try to make things a little different next time.
Mabye instead of powerups simply increasing the rate of fire on your weapon, it could make different things fire from it, or how many things fire at once. The fire rate powerups made the game insanely easier as the game went on, even though more ships started to flood in. All you had to do was hold down left click and it would just send a straight continueous chain of bullets that blew up anything it touched. Im not saying you should have an upgrade menu where you bought stuff, but something a little different

And mabye you should include bosses and different enemies that took more than one shot to destroy.

Even though it was alright, but it wasnt unique enough to make it stand out from the crowd