Reviews for "Newgrounds HQ Showdown"

You know the game is too easy...

...when you have the get the "Nice try" medal (u suxorz) on INTENTION.

need i say more?

Well...

...ever heard of checkpoints? That's the most important thing in video gaming history.
It automatically sucks for not having checkpoints, that's a fact.

Also, weapons are the same thing, only with different designs.
Only one attack. No combos or anything. It's just the same boring shit, over and over again.
"Defending" yourself is useless, since as soon as you stop pressing S, there will be loads of enemies around you doing their best to kill you.
The character movement is ridiculous. He has the agility and speed of a blind paraplegic turtle. If you turn around for a little bit, enemies will catch up with you in seconds and take you down.

You get a 0/10, and a 2/10.
One point is for having lots of references to NG history.
The other one is for having a storyline with potential, although it wasn't explored as it should.

Well, uuuuh.

What can I say here... basicly the intro felt 10x more epic than the actual game, this feels more like newgrounds shop advertisement than a game. (Shop in elevator.)

+ Features NG members so cool if you like that sort of thing
+ Art is alright
+ Pretty epic intro (seen better but was pretty epic)

- One attack, spam A, win.
- Defense button is useless, since just spam A
- Random weapon is nice addition yeah, except that they DO NOTHING DIFFERENT. I don't see higher damage or something, so I believe it's just for the visuals. Better than just 1 weapon though.

So in short, I'd like to see different weapons actually do something different, enemies actually requiring you to do something else than just spam A and well, that's basicly it. And oh. BOSSES.

3/5, 6/10

2 ez

Very repetitive gameplay, The Buttom to action response time is to slow, and it's way 2 ez. It needs more! This game has potential, and has a good story line, but it lacks gameplay. You should add combos, and have the computers Ai enhance every level.
I'll give you 3 stars for the effort, 1 star for the story line.

lol

on the store tom has big penis lol go look