Reviews for "PixEvo - The Fountain"

good, but veeeerrry long

Well, ive finally finished it, it's a hard, but nice game, i think it was worth the trouble and time of finishing it.
very good

grate gaaaaame

add a couple more levels and an epic boss battle, you will wiiin! its amazing how simple web games can seriously surpass any Atari game. you would be god if you made this game back in the seventy's.

Amazing!

good work you should keep up with stuff like that, except add more forms, make it longer and etc!

great game

mini map wuld be nice

okay, I don't think I've ever written a review for this game, which is a damn shame. might be because it's taken me until now to actually have the patience to beat the game.

where do I start?

well, firstly I'll disregard the story behind this game. It's pretty obviously unimportant--I'm guessing you knew you need to write something, anything, to drive the player to actually stick with the game through all its difficulties.

and this game is absolutely rife with difficulties, in the best way. this is pixel-jumping at its finest; this is inching to the edges of cliffs, making the most minute adjustments to jumps, and making the jumps themselves with every ounce of effort (and button-mashing) you've got. In a way, the ferocity and desperation of the jumps told the story better than words ever could. The protagonist jumps, walks, flies; he hurls himself off cliffs and barely clings to ledges. Through his (and my) utter effort, the story of humanity's unending will to live is elegantly told. (Is the protagonist even human? I doubt it.)

The controls were tight, the jumps were challenging, the gameplay was rigorous and rewarding. I thoroughly enjoyed this game.

5/5.