For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 201 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "PixEvo - The Fountain"

Liked and hated

The game's concept is great and the lvl up system works well but the fact that you have to time your jumps PERFECTLY is annoying and seriously frustrating. If this problem did not accure then this game could have potential but...no...

frustrating doesn't equal challenging

Nice idea, but the way you executed it makes it no different from any generic platformer. And while some people may think having to make jump within one pixel is challenging, I happen to think that better word for that is frustrating. There's no timing involved, no puzzles to speak of, nothing to make it interesting.

...

Strangely entertaining but I sort of expected a pixel game to have more content or meaning.

Make him jump higher.

On my first playthrough, at least 50% of the time I used was wasted, because the person couldn't jump high enough, therefore I thought getting those dots was impossible, and were left for your later evolutions.

This is a big problem, actually. To collect those dots, you literally need to stand until one pixel of your leg is left on the platform, then you jump to collect a dot.

This isn't adding "hardness" to the game, a game like this where you just collect things is not supposed to be hard, it's the easiest thing to do. The only thing you're doing is just making it fucking impossible. Either do one or the other:

1. Extend platforms or elevate them so jumping and collecting dots is possible or
2. Make the person jump higher.

Other then that, I enjoyed playing this game, albeit it being a bit frustrating. I thought the concept was unique, and I can't say I got tired of the music even though I played through the game three times (thank goodness for the invisible timer being frame-based...) through.

mute button :)

other then music it was good. and pixel jumps anoying..