Reviews for "The Rocketeer"

its good

needs a cuple of tngs lik better music but its good

I liked the music :p but thanks bud :D

Well..

In a way it is really fun, but at the same time from my end it has some problems. On the positive side of things:

1. The concept was pretty good. I do enjoy the whole puzzle action game thing.

2. For being made in a day the art wasn't bad. It got the job done.

Some things I think could use some work:

1. The restart button (being space)has a tendency to cause the page to shift for me when playing on newgrounds. A minor annoyance really, but still.

2. I noticed that some of the sounds would randomly cut out while playing. Why? Not a clue. Again pretty minor.

3. For me, while playing the rockets had a tendency to not always fire when I click. This made wall climbing a hassle.

4. The guy also had a tendency to get stuck in walls when dropping down. Most often in corners but not always. He could get dislodged with a rocket, but when you have limited rockets every one counts. When this happens consitently it can really detract from gameplay.

5. The explosions didn't always send the unit in the predicted direction (one would assume the angle of the shot with relation the guy. This was probably the thing that made wall climbing the biggest hassle. Even keeping the gun aimed at the bottom of the screen I would occasionally get shot downward by the explosion.

I do agree that other than that the game was difficult but not nessicerily in a bad way. I did not beat it, I admit I got frustrated and left. Hope you submit a version you put a bit more time into at some point I would like to give it another go.

3/5 7/10 Keep up the good work.

VicBiss responds:

I'll keep those suggestions in mind for future games.

lol

This game looks like a decent timewaster, specially for the lack of a reset button, it's frustrating to wait for the timer at level 8 after screwing up

Spacebar :/

Overall, broken

You probably needed more than a day. Movement and clicking to fire missles fails consistantly.

VicBiss responds:

Works fine for me, but I'm sorry for your inconvienence

Nice :D

I did find some points were harder for me and my co-pilot, probably more than intended. When I played this at NG headquarters it brought a bit of fun to everyone there, as stated in a previous review. I think t's a pretty nice thing, but hard as hell.

VicBiss responds:

I'll give ya that, haha, I wish I could be there or something, I'd show all them fools up and beat the game in like 5 minutes :)