Reviews for "Dual Arms Verbatim Part 1"

What did I just watch.

I don't know. But, have a 5 and a 10. My brain exploded.

RPGsrok responds:

I hope that's a good thing. Thanks for reviewing.

That was perfect!

I could tell how hard you worked on this one and guess what; it was worth it!
I rarely review, but i though i'd write some minor detail that you could fix on your future flashes.

-When there is a close up on someone's face you should add more detail both on the lip-sync and on the drawings. I know from personal experience that the pencil tool is not for this kind of work. I'd recommend you tried the brush, since i believe you use a drawing tablet. Just practice with it and you'll see how much better it is. But if you already did and preferred the line, then you could add details with the brush tool.

-Hurray for the Greek letters!! I'm from Greece and it was really unexpected to see greek letters all over the place and i was really happy about it for some reason. I didn't care if they weren't correct, but if you need any help with translation or anything in the future i'd be more than happy to help you :D

-I also read about the subtitles that you want to add. Now, i don't know how to code the subs inside the flash, but here is my idea; add two layers in your flash,
take them to the top. The one on the top will have the subtitles (which you have to write), while the one underneath it will be a rectangle with a transparent color (scale the Aplha at 50% or something) that makes the subs more visible.

That's it about my review, i hope i helped even a little. 5/5 10/10
Please excuse mistakes in grammar, if I made any :)

RPGsrok responds:

Now personally, I don't like the brush. You're right, I do use a tablet, but somehow, ever since I needed to get a new pen, the pressure sensitivity doesnt work, and even when it did, it both jacked up the file size and didn't always look that good. Sure, I could be using it 'wrong' but frankly, I don't think it's worthwhile to use the brush at this time.

I am amazed at all the people on this site who can read Greek. As I've mentioned before though, I wasn't terribly concerned with getting it right; It was half just for atmosphere. Glad you liked it though!

My problem with subs is that I want them to be able to be deactivated. I think having subs automatic is kinda annoying if you didn't want to see them, and I know subtitles which can be turned on or off can be done. I do have someone who was looking for code though, so hopefully he'll come through and I'll get a subbed version up soon.

Your grammar was fine. Every little bit helps! Thanks for reviewing; hope to hear from you in the future!

Very Well Done!!

It's nice to see a flash with a story, plot, etc. It was a moving piece. The music fit well with the movie. I'm not going to pretend like I am a hardcore animation judge or anything like that, but the only thing I noticed was likesometimes when they walk, they look like they're gliding, and the mouth movements don't really look very natural, they look good, but maybe too choppy (maybe not though) Some of the voices didn't quite fit some characters. Other than that, it was really awesome. I can't wait to see more from you =)

RPGsrok responds:

The script was definitely way old and could use revision, but I'm proud of the world I created and the story that unfolded within it. More proud still that it's interested you guys. ^^

My actual animation skill needs a lot of work - I've never had any formal training - and of course lack of smoothness is partially a result of me having been basically a one-man-team, and being very limited in what I could do within a reasonable time (Even when the reasonable time was 2 years >_<). Some voices were a touch off, but at the same time I think some were also quite good.

Glad you liked the film! Thanks for reviewing!

One of the best flashes ever

the only problem was I had a little trouble following the story but the world option cleared that up

RPGsrok responds:

Glad the 'world' helped you out. thx for reviewing!

Not sure if it's intentional or not

but the snow is moving in the opposite direction of physics

RPGsrok responds:

It's very intentional. The reasoning is explained in the Folium - Ihrziel part of the world section of the menu. It plays into a scene in the upcoming Part 2. Thx for reviewing!