Reviews for "The Beast Snacks 1"

you can see the effort put into this.

though a bit choppy at times, it really is miles better than what i could make.

the voice volumes need work.

also try to be more consistant with the art.

tacobuttfish responds:

Yeah throughout this, as my first true anime piece, I struggled with style, I feel confident now that I've found my niche in the anime artstyle so from here on it will be much more consistant. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for checking it out, hope to see you back for Episode 2!!!

i really enjoy it!!

jaja pretty cool can't wait for the continue :)

tacobuttfish responds:

Awesome! And thanks for checking it out! Glad you liked it and I'll see ya back for Episode 2!!

Its hard

Its hard being an unrecognized artist on newgrounds. Artists such as HappyHarry, Egoraptor, and others, don't really have people critique their animations, because they're perceived as amazing people among the newgrounds community. Also the people that are writing poor reviews and analyzing every last frame in your animation are actually losers, who don't have anything published on their account. They don't know how much work actually goes into making an animation. Its hard work! however its fun.

If people are going to criticize people's work, then I beleive they should judge it in a non aggressive manner.

I will also say a few things about your animation.

I did like the backgrounds, very detailed.
I did like the details on the characters.
Everything in your animation was very detailed, and you can obviously tell that you spent some time shading, and making sure that it looked "perfect".
Almost everything was FBF, amazing!

now for the bad.../ this will help episode 2

The characters anatomy was off at times, the only way you can fix this is looking at real humans or yourself in the mirror while you draw and get more comfortable with the human body.
The movement was drawn FBF, however it was moving at times, I would suggest using the onion tool, or just animating everything on separate layers, like the mouth is one layer, and the eyes are another layer.
I can't say much about the story and voice acting because I'm not experienced enough to give my 2 cents in that area, but all I can say is that as a viewer, there were parts that were not enjoyable.
Also anime is a tricky thing to draw, assuming there is only one animator working on this. The body must look very realistic, and this is hard to do with only one animator working on this.

Also there is a great book by Richard Williams, he worked on "Who framed Roger Rabbit" and other movies and cartoons.

Its called "The Animator's Survival Kit".

If you want your animation to be absolutely perfect, I suggest reading that book, and maybe other books on animation. Perhaps you could study some other animations here on newgrounds.

Of course I'm in no position to judge, my animations are no where near perfect, but I'm 14 I still have time to learn.

Not too shabby

I can tell you worked your ass off on this on it shows. I would have to say my biggest gripe is the quality of the voice acting. By that I mean it is really awkward to go from them talking normally and yet get really quiet when they are yelling. It's like Stewart from Mad TV or something. Other then that I enjoyed your backgrounds, characters and though it may not be the best drawn cartoon on Newgrounds, for some reason your style works well. Keep working hard and you'll just keep getting better and better.

Keep going with this

-When I first saw the file size it made me frown since I knew it would take a bit to load and I thought it would be a short animation that wasn't compressed properly. But after watching I had a completely different opinion on this area. I'm not exactly sure how long this animation was but it was pretty long and with the amount of audio used there had to of been some compression to begin with to get it to the size that it is currently at.

-The loading screen isn't the worst it could be(loader with plain background) but it isn't all that great either. It's just a still with the two main characters. This could of had some sort of information on the characters or some nice links to some of your other works(hint for sequel). Just have something to make the load time go by just a little faster. I most assuredly don't expect any future works in this series to be of any lower quality so there will be time for loading on those too.

-The main story looks pretty well thought out since there were some solid character designs and you at least took the time to tell us some of the backstory before the title screen came up. It's just a little backdrop and there are a few things that are left out(why they don't have parents) but it's the thought and effort that count(better than going in blind). As I was watching I noticed some familiar things in the scenery which you are most likely drawing from dragonball or something similar. I'm mainly saying this because of the fact that you had a tournament with a rather similar layout with people talking on the sideline. The fighting mechanics were also extremely overexaggerated with people flying all over the place which should mean that they have extraordinary strength and that should prove useful in fighting that beast.

-The drawing is solid and again the notice to fine details is great. There was obvious time taken into account for drawing each respective character and the town itself. I really liked how you made the town float in the middle of the sky and have a plot element involving water which shouldn't even be there to begin with unless there is some divine power holding it there. Sometimes when the characters would talk their whole body would move even though it really didn't need to which is some more of the overexaggeration that is involved in this animation.

-There is audio abound here with a ton of great works that you pulled from the newgrounds audio portal. I much prefer when people use work from there since there is always something for everything there and a lot of it is really high quality. You incorporated them nicely into your animation here and they really helped it in some places. Voice acting isn't the best but it does do wonders to have very distinct voices for each character. This makes me think that you had several different people voice acting or just one talented person.

-Overall it's a great start to a series that has some potential. This really doesn't get the praise that it deserves. While it might not be the best ever or anything amazing it is really good and a lot better than most people can ever get to in animating. Here's to hoping that you continue to improve and get the next installment in the series out soon so we don't have to wait too long.

-Review Request Club

tacobuttfish responds:

Thanks! Very very helpful review! I'm glad you enjoyed and yes, episode 2 will improve on all the aspects lacking in this episode. Or should I say, I will take everything I learned from this episode and carry on with what I've learned and put it to use. Episode 2 will likely be about half as long as this episode and shouldn't take too very long to have ready for launch. Hope to see you back!