Reviews for "The Annoying Little Game"

Not all too annoying

There was a learning curve, figuring out where the traps were, I ended up inching up to everything to try and trigger the traps before they could kill me, worked most of the time not all:P

The in-game jokes were not bad, art was good and music didn't get beat to death, though the loop was not continuous which did cause for a few second pause break.

Only thing I didn't really like was the slipperiness of the guy (moving after command of forward movement has stopped)

Okay

The annoying part was how slow it ran on my computer.

Not really my type of game, but well put-together.

There have been more annoying

I could just spend this entire review talking about how to avoid all of the obstacles in this game. Some tips are with the axe and the piano, just jump up which stops it from hitting you. I have no idea how that makes any sense, but I would not try to apply logic to this game. Pretty much every game with medals can be annoying little games. I do like the graphics and I think that the obstacles are pretty funny and unexpected. Thank you at least for having the silly high unicorn medal for few cheap points.

Pretty good except

the cave of blades medal didn't work, the invincible medal is basically impossible, the "E" key is rarely used, once I fell through a trap, and landed right by the first checkpoint and had to start over, and therefor it deserves it's name. The Annoying little game. The game was fun, just very annoying.

Well done!

I definitely liked this game. Quite similar in concept to 'I wanna be the flash game' but a much more reasonable number of traps and overall length. The first play through is indeed down to trial and error but after that it becomes a memory game. The fact that you put in lots of little details made it much easier to remember where the triggers were, like different shaped stones and tufts of grass. Once I'd figured out the timing of the chickens, the Invincible medal became quite achieveable.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the sliding and loose controls, I think that's just part of the character of the game. You just have to adjust your playing to take this into account. The jumping animation itself didn't feel as satisfying as it could have, the jumping action looked a little bit stiff. Although I guess you meant it to look that way as part of the comical nature of the character. His stupid grin was funny.

Areas that could be improved include the hit detect of the chickens, could be a little more forgiving.
And it was hard at times to determine where exactly was the last part of ledges that could be jumped off of. I found myself lacking in precision in places like the unicorn section, not because my timing was off but because it was unclear how near the edges I could go before the jump command wouldn't register.
Some of the walls and bottom of pits weren't solid and the character passed right through. I know a couple of these were on purpose but others I'm not so sure.
Also once or twice I passed through knife blades without being hurt, and a couple of times when I did get hurt by one there was no death animation of the character.
Sometimes the music loop would stop for a while and start back up again, and could've done with a mute button.
The 'try again' screen - if you're going to ask that question, make it a button instead of just automatically restarting. Anyway for these type of games where there tend to be a lot of deaths I'd prefer a snappy restart without an intermediate screen or animation. They tend to get irritating after a while.
These are all just small things though that I didn't think took too much away from the game.

Overall I enjoyed the game and the humour. Some of the traps or non-traps were cool additions, like the piano or the anvil/knife/bomb. And I was always second guessing those "safe spots". Excellent game for your first platformer!