Create a free account to unlock the full magic and wonder of Newgrounds!

Reviews for "Chromatic"

Awesome Concept!

And for the most part great execution! The dash function didn't seem to work for whatever reason, you might want to fix it and resubmit.

Not bad

It's a good game, but there are some problems...
For example, it's impossible to achieve gold on 09 and 11 even if you collect all the coins. The controls were pretty bad IMO, it could be a good idea to let the player customize the controls.

"F*ck it. I suck."

Damn. This game is a challenge. Usually I don't bash a game for being challenging, but the tasks that I needed to overcome drew my attention away from the quality of the game-play. Having to memorize certain colors and actions associated with each was a bit difficult. Also jumping and timing became difficult due to this confusion. I soon became too frustrated with the game to want to continue playing. I can tell the game could be a lot of fun, but I think it got too difficult too early. I can see this is still a work-in-progress. I can't wait to see the modified version! Please keep working - this would've been a great game!

pldrt9 responds:

We will take your feedback into consideration. Our final release date will be sometime in two weeks for our class. Thanks for playing!

how to hell to dash!?

It either doesn't work properly (or at all), or it was badly explained.

pldrt9 responds:

We recently changed how you dash. To dash, you press V and you will dash in the direction you are facing.

We are currently updating the tutorial to reflect this change.

Apologies for the confusion.

I'm being hard on you.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com::StatePlay/endlevel()[C:\Users\Ca se\Documents\Chromatic\src\com\StateP lay.as:573]
at com::EndDoor/onFlash()[C:\Users\Case\
Documents\Chromatic\src\com\EndDoor.a s:43]
at org.flixel.data::FlxFlash/update()[C:
\Users\Case\Documents\Chromatic\src\o rg\flixel\data\FlxFlash.as:67]
at org.flixel::FlxGame/update()[C:\Users \Case\Documents\Chromatic\src\org\fli xel\FlxGame.as:337]

I'm being hard on you... but 10.1 isn't that far off. Have a chat with your dev's, 'cause the above errors are produced by 10.1 debug.

pldrt9 responds:

A big mistake on our part. Thanks for pointing it out. It should be fixed now. :)