Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Tropical Dragon Slaughter"

Points for effort

It's all right. Nice start but it was missing an upgrade system. I realize there are those red things, but not a high enough drop rate and not enough variety (I'm pretty sure all they do is double shot). Also the whole thing got a bit repetitive after the first 4 deaths or so.

so-so

kills some time till ya get bored of the same thing, but btw whats the name of the song on "the deep" level?

Not as good as...

Tyrian. The game which you used to make this. Partially a rip off but still fine on itself. Though if you are used to Tyrian this game is nothing and you will beat everything in just one try making this game lose his replayability rather fast.

Tyrian, except not nearly as good

I remember Tyrian from when I was in elementary school and I played it a LOT on my old Acer computer. I loved the game. So I'm going to be comparing you to that, which was made in 1995. This game copied some of the graphics... but didn't copy any of the fun factor. This game was overall pretty boring because you really can't do anything. It's just a shoot and dodge, and besides the ship, the gun, the coins/diamonds, which you copied, the graphics for everything else are pretty lame.

great job

i liked the idea for the scoring and reward system... its kinda hard on a laptop tho. and its difficult that you cant attack behind you