Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Tropical Dragon Slaughter"

Try Again

Originality: 2
Repetativeness: 3
Playability (aka: Fun Factor): 2

Thanks, but no thanks.

Well..

To be quite honest, the game itself isn't 'that' bad. I enjoyed parts of it, though it were a bit too standard all in all for my tastes. The biggest turn-off for me, however, had to be the fact that you stole almost every single aspect of the graphics from a classic, Tyrian.

As someone who's been working on development teams for roughly 10 years or more, I understand not wanting to do your own artwork, but.. You should at least find someone willing to help you out for free/cheap. There's lots of people out there willing to do the job, as it's good exposure for them. I'm gonna have to rate this low, for lack of original work.

Gameplay - 5/10 Too standard, could've used a bit more complexity.
Sound - 4/10 Wasn't really a fan of the music, to be honest and the sound effects were few and standard.
Graphics - 1/10 Taken from another game.

Overall - 0/10 Like I said, the whole thing lacks originality from start to finish. It's also bothersome that this isn't the first game you've taken the Tyrian graphics from. (Eruption, even Xue to a degree. Haven't bothered playing your others.) Really mate, work on getting some original art.