Reviews for "Lady Noir"

Could be much better

I'm not saying it's bad, just that I think you could do a lot better. This was a really great idea, so you could have done something much better.

Solid animation, good tone, but a bit disjointed.

While it may be nice that this collab isn't either a music video or a Robot Chicken wanna-be; I still have a few gripes with this. Of course, you guys will hate me for saying this, but just be glad I'm not giving a low score. (I'm not like that overrated, directorially inept prick Notorious.) With that out of the way...

Graphically, it's better than the Star Syndicate's Night in Hotlanta, but the styles used didn't complement each other, which resulted in this losing three points. However, the individual shorts were coherent and had a decent choice of angles. On the other hand, the pacing was uneven for the first one, but I'll let it slide for it actually worked. Soundwise, the music you chose was fitting, even though I usually don't like Hania Lee's music. (Keep in mind that I happened to like Popstar.) As for the voicework, not bad, but I think there are better VAs that you could have used such as Sam Haft, Larry McKee (Mega Man & Pompous Robots), Psyguy, Ry-Guy, or Nick Tiner. (Note to Sapphire: I think that your review would have been more valid if you responded to some of the critics.) However, the voice deliveries were passable, so I'm not going to complain about that. Then there's the story, which fell apart after Denzel Crocker's part. I'd like to see something more creative than the overused "big bad businessman" trope. Then again, I like how the first part was handled.

What I do like:
-Good art and animation
-Good music selection
-Something different
-Good directing on the first two parts

What I don't like:
-Lack of uniformity/style clash
-The voice acting, while not bad, could have been better.
-The second two parts were rather weak in the story department. Of course, as much as I liked Denzel's part, it didn't have much of a plot.

Overall: A prime example of how the sum of all parts doesn't hold up well as a whole. Here's a seven out of ten for trying.

The music made it

The collaboration as a whole was not the best I've seen, there wasn't as much flow as I would've liked and some of the animations seemed rushed.

Zapwadda's input was probably me least favourite and it was a shame that it started the collaboration off.

Denzel-Crocker really showcased great artistic skills and animation fluidity, I was very impressed and would love to see some more of this artist's work.

Keiran-S was very stylised and there were a few things I would've like to have done to improve the overall feel, but the character design was quite good and the concept was also there.

Red Harvest showed great skill in some of the sketches, but lacked continuity. It went from great proportion and beautiful characters to stumpy, out of proportion and rather strange looking in other places and you could see the scenes where more attention was payed.

Over-all though, I thought the sound production and choice of music was fantastic and really lifted the entire piece. It gave variety while still being one and each piece was well chosen.

<3 HappyG

Such promise!

This had so much promise! But the animation and music failed. I offer some constructive criticism: Work on your animation, and get the music to flow smoother.

Its pretty good.

The animation in the beginning is a little bad. But it gets better. Still, pretty good.