Reviews for "Chrono Trigger Unglued 20"

The latest ep. in one of NG's lesser-known gems

The last episode of the prison break arc doesn't disappoint. Cryo's script shines as usual, and the sprite work is some of the best on NG, particularly the ending credits. If there's anything I could nitpick on, it's that I've always thought that there should be a button that takes you back to the menu, since most people will probably go through the episode again immediately just to hunt for the secret scene. Keep up the great work!

Where did LK get the background for the pizza place? Looks like it could be Dragon Quest 6?

Clovis15 responds:

He made it using RPG Maker. I know for a fact he actually made it, as it went through many stylistic revisions - per my request - before it got to where it is now. As for the tile sheet that he was using to make it, I don't know where he got it from.

LOVED the episode

That was funny as hell. I love the little side story arc with Fritz and Jenny.

Clovis15 responds:

Thank you, I thought it was important we used this episode to wrap up the loose ends on that sideplot - while it was still somewhat fresh in people's heads - rather than wait for the next logical spot to touch upon how it turned out (which would have been after they got back home temporarily after visiting the end of time for the first time).

I got the reference

It was so cool to have that Weird Al Yankovic song being played at the beginning. I just so happened to be listening to that same part earlier today! Anyway, this was very funny, but I do kind of wish there was some more action. It was interesting to see an episode in which the main characters only appeared at the end. The best source of humor was easily the three dumb guards and I like how they are simply called Guard-1, Guard-2, etc. A pity his device that makes bridges was useless anyway.

Clovis15 responds:

CTU sometimes has down points action wise, but we always intend to keep things going high comedy wise! The next big action sequences won't really happen until Episodes 24-26. Sorry about this. However, I guarantee that you won't be dissapointed when we finally do get to it! In fact, it will "Thrill" you (perhaps I've said too much)...

This series sounds familiar....

I've never seen this before. The NPC trio was priceless.