Reviews for "Ultimate Chess"

Big chess fan. Great game

This is really great. I was able to get 31 executions. I fell over laughing at the stalemate one. The difficulty wasn't amazing but the animations were very entertaining. Hope to see more great games like this from you. Good luck.

RatherRandomReality responds:

Thank you, Kenitic777, more will come.

cool

i got a checkmate in 5 turns :D awesome game

Very well made, though the AI could be improved

It's great to see a chess game that follows all the rules and has everything put into it. Clearly, you spent a lot of time on it.

There are no glitches or cheating that I can see from the AI--in fact, the AI is mediocre on occasion. Sometimes it makes surprisingly good moves, and other times it makes offensively bad moves. If you could make a difficulty setting, and improve its skill, it would be even better. The things that people think are 'glitches' are probably when the king would move into check if it tried to take a piece, or the person was in a pin that they didn't notice.

I've been playing this game repeatedly since you released it--which is pretty amazing. I didn't know I'd enjoy it to this extent. Adding a multiplayer function would definitely lengthen the game's replayability for other people, and adding more varieties of executions would add to its humor. I think you should make an option to turn off executions if they've been seen before, though, since I found that a lot of the time I wanted to focus on playing the chess and not clicking to get the animation out of the way.

Good job on the graphics, as well as the coding involved. Your instructions were well-written, too. All you need is a tweak to the AI, and maybe options to have different chess sets and piece appearance. Brilliant work here.

RatherRandomReality responds:

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions, Geht.

awman

can't checkmate enemy oh yeauh good game really talaga im serious

man this game is hard ( but maybe i just suck so thats y im giving it 5 stars lol ) also i dont like the fact u cant be whatever color u want to ur forced to choose white but its a great game 5/5 10/10